Hi everyone! I’m thrilled to host Art Journal Journey Monthly again this year. Thank you, Erika and Elizabeth, for asking me!
For September, I chose the theme Hello Autumn. I love Fall and how versatile this theme is, and I hope YOU will love it, too! You can create pages about Autumn activities, holidays, weather, parties, or anything else that inspires you about Fall. Whatever you come up with, I’m sure it’ll perfectly capture the essence of Autumn.
If you’re new to Art Journal Journey Monthly, it’s a fun challenge site where a different artist takes the spotlight each month and chooses a theme for everyone to explore. The community is super diverse, with amazing art journalers, altered book artists, rubber-stamp fans, digital artists, and mixed-media creators from all over the world. Each month, you can join in by sharing your projects on their site.
Here’s my first project, a mixed media scrapbook page:I was inspired by this adorable photo of Anne that I took in the Fall of 2012! Playing in the leaves and hiking with us were two of her favorite things to do! The moment I saw this adorable photo, I knew it was perfect for my first project with AJJ this month! I matted it and added it to my page, using fall colored patterned paper, fall burlap leaves, yellow washi tape, a fun tag with orange rickrack, and a little messy thread to make it all look complete.
I’m so honored to be asked to host again at Art Journal Journey Monthly! Please visit their site (at the highlighted link) and join in on the fun! I know you will love it!
And I am also sharing some photos that I took at the farm by our home. The wheat fields looked so colorful.

The deer created pathways through the wheat fields:
The trees are still green, but the grass is turning yellow, signifying the beginning of fall:
And here's Abbey enjoying a little rest during our walk:
That’s me snapping the photo! We rescued her 7 years ago, and now she’s my morning companion!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today! Wishing you a very Happy September. I hope you can find some time to join me at AJJ this month. Also, take time to relax and truly enjoy the beautiful season of Autumn, my absolute favorite time of year.
I love that you bring scrapbooking to art journaling and mixed media. It's so very different from what I create and shows how diverse art journaling can be. This is a charming and heartwarming first entry for your theme at AJJ, Sharon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post Sharon. Your page makes me happy. It's fun and full of autumn and color. I love the layering too. And wow, those photos are gorgeous. They could be on a calendar. I live in the woods so my far off view isn't a whole lot. And it's nice to meet Abbey too. She looks like a sweetie. I love walking a dog; they are such good company. And they are always ready to go, no matter what time in the morning you head out. :) ['m excited for this month's challenge. Happy September. hugs-Erika
ReplyDeleteYour AJ page is lovely with beautiful layering and images Sharon 😍 , and the photos clever👍
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your autumn🍁
Sharon, that's such a sweet page! I love all your photographs too. Happy AJJ and Blessings!
ReplyDelete