Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Autumn Blessings . . . for AJJ Monthly

Hello everyone,

I am sharing my final project for Art Journal Journey Monthly with you today. I want to send a big thank you to Erika, Elizabeth, and all of you for your friendship and support.  


I snapped this photo by our pond, and I believe it sums it all up perfectly.  Every morning, I’m greeted by an incredible view that never fails to amaze me. As you can see, the clouds on this particular day reflected the morning sunrise beautifully.  

Here is my project:


I made the base of this page using a 12x12 piece of grid paper and matted my photo with two different orange tones to make it pop. Next, I tucked strips of different fall-themed patterned paper behind the photo. I also added yellow washi tape to two sides of my background paper.  I pulled out some fabric and die-cut autumn leaves from my supply stash to add some extra flair. I finished it off with the Echo Park “Autumn Blessings” title.  And that's it - it was easy to make!

Lastly, here are two photos I took at the pond by our home last fall that inspired this project! Looking at this incredible sunrise reminds me what autumn blessings are all about.



My time hosting at AJJ Monthly is nearing its end, and I want to express a big thank you to everyone for their support and contributions. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!💛

Wishing you all a wonderful and creative Autumn season!  

2 comments:

  1. Sharon that pond view is amazing. That must make it easier to get up on those mornings when one doesn't want to get up. Smile. Your photo is amazing and it makes a wonderful centerpiece for your page. Which is also very lovely too. I like the paper stripes you used. I keep looking at the photo and I really love the clouds being pink and orange and then having that dark border. They even reflected that way too. Hope you have some lovely last couple of September days. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!