Monday, February 26, 2024

Woof. For ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a project that I made for the ArtStacks Artist Team.

 

I created a mixed media scrapbook page using their brand new release "Tissue Backgrounds" pack:

FYI:  each pack contains backgrounds designed for use in all forms of papercrafting and are printed on ArtStacks' amazing tissue. And, if you like to print at home, a digital version of this pack and a "Blank Tissue" pack are available!  Head over to www.artstacks.com/au for all of the details!

Here is my page:  



I started by using a piece of 8.5" x 11" watercolor paper. I found a photo of our sweet dog, Abbey, that I knew I wanted to use on this page.  (Abbey is the LIGHT of my life!!!)   I painted my background with the word LIGHT in mind and added touches of yellow to my page. I allowed it to dry then added some texture using distress paste and a stencil that I had in my stash.  Next I added the grid, butterflies, and tic-tac-toe tissue paper from ArtStacks new "Tissue Backgrounds" pack. I love Deb Weiers "Wonky Critters" pack and used the word "Woof" and her dog sketch on my page.  Next, I added some black paint splats and squiggles. Finally, I adhered the phrase "Attitude is Everything" which is from Shana Bebeklis' "Full Deck" pack.  (Also, the word "Curious" is from ArtStacks "Faces and Figures" Corestack.)  

I enjoyed making this project using Artstacks products and hope that I inspired you to create one, too!


I am also linking my project up to Art Journal Journey Monthly's February challenge: 

This month's theme is hosted by Vicki Parson from stampedsmile.com  Here theme is "LIGHT."  Vicki says "Light can have so many different meanings and so many different ways to interpret it.  For example: 
sun, moon, stars, candle, lantern, bulb, illuminate  
colors(subtle or subdued tones or shades) 
an idea(shedding some light on a subject) 
interpretations (light as a feather, light snowflakes, let your heart be light, let your light shine, etc)"  

As you can see, I made by page about of pet dog, Abbey!  She is the LIGHT of my life, and my husband's and daughter's lives, too!  

Thank you, Vicki and Art Journal Journey for your inspiration this month.

And thank YOU, so much, for stopping by my blog today.  Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. What a cool page! I love looking for all the little details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what a darling Abbey is! They certainly have a way of lighting up our worlds, don't they?! I love the way you've used the tissue papers as well as those colors and especially the splattering! I seem to enjoy doing that alot! I adore you fun page and your inspiration using my theme for AJJ! Thanks for sharing your fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abbey is a cutie. Isn't it funny how dogs do become the light of life, but they do. Mine are my babies. I'm loving your page Sharon. It has so many interesting bits and pieces, and Abbey too. Thanks for linking up to Vicki's challenge, and I hope you're having a wonderful month. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an absolutely brilliant page Sharon! I can see why Abbey is the light of your life! I hope we see more of her! Thanks so much for joining us again at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Chrisx ps I do love a bit of splatter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!