Thursday, December 7, 2023

Happy Moments . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone.  It's time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Challenge YOUrself #120 opens today:


This month's theme is ANYTHING GOES!  You can make your project about anything you like and in any format that you want, but don't forget to include a photo with YOU on your layout.  And don't forget, it's not just a scrapbook challenge. Art Journal pages, Project Life pages, Digital Scrapbook pages are all accepted for Challenge YOUrself. They love creativity!

Here is the page that I created for the challenge:

I was on the Blue Fern Studios' design team a few years ago and still had this gorgeous paper in my stash:

So I decided to use it to make my scrapbook page for the challenge.  Because the paper is so beautiful, I had little to do but to add some extras:  snowflakes in the December sky, chipboard, ehpemera, and my vintage photo from 1961. I absolutely LOVE this photo of my twin sister(Karen), my older sister(Cathy), and me playing in the snow right in front of our house. What a wonderful memory.  It's amazing how scrapbooking can bring back such awesome memories!!

I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month and play along with us!

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for December.   


This month is hosted by Wendy K, whose blog is Wendy's Craft Journal . Her theme for December is "Above us only sky," which is a line from a Beatles song.
 
Wendy says: "This give you loads of scope.  You could do night skies, sunny or moonlit ones.  Rainy or dull, snowy, cloudy or hazy skies.  The possibilities are endless." 

And as you can see, the centerpiece of my page is the great big December sky with all of the added snowflakes!

I want to thank Wendy and Art Journal Journey for this wonderful challenge. I also want to encourage you to participate in their challenge this month.  You will get a chance to meet so many talented and friendly artists from around the world!!

Thank YOU, so much, for stopping by my blog today.  I hope you are enjoying the hustle and bustle of the holiday season! 

5 comments:

  1. I love your snowy page Sharon. And that photo takes me back. I love to go sliding. I used to go with my daughter when she was young. HAve you seen the Amazon commercial where the 3 women go sliding down the hill? Anyhow, I love this page and the snowy sky. Thanks for joining Wendy's challenge at AJJ, and I hope all your holiday chores are getting done. I'm working on mine. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous page, I love the gentle colours and the additions you have made. Thank you so much again for another great entry for my theme on AJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful page Sharon! Great memories deserve a page like this! It brought back a memory of mine too! We were very lucky to live at the bottom of a hill that was perfect for sledging Thanks so much for sharing at AJJ and Wendy's theme, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This page is the best ever. I love the color and snowflakes, but I especially love the amazing photo. What a wonderful memory and marvelous way to remember that memory!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!