Sunday, October 1, 2023

Happy Halloween . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone! I cannot believe that October is already here and fall is upon us. Time flies by so quickly these days and before we know it, we will be celebrating Halloween. YAY!

The October Challenge at More Than Words is open:

More Than Words is an art journaling challenge blog with one main theme to inspire you each month. 

Here is the October Challenge :




"Welcome to our October challenge which is all about using ORANGE or PURPLE in your journal pages.  Can you guess why we chose these colours?  I'll bet you can because this month is also Halloween.  Of course you don't have to create a Halloween page but you do have to use PURPLE or ORANGE or BOTH if you like!"

Use the #MTWartjournalchallenge

Here's my art journal page:


I love Halloween and so does my entire family.  That's why I chose to use BOTH purple and orange for my Halloween-themed, 2-page art journal spread.  I started by using acrylic paints, MetaMica and Pearlise mediums to create my background.  Then I made my trees with black acrylic paint and a stencil.  I fussy cut the witch, pumpkin, black cat, and dog from an old Halloween card I had saved, and adhered them to my page.  Next, I gave the witch some black wings from the ArtStacks' "Wings and Things" pack. 

And finally, I added some stamping - the spider and web, the "Happy Halloween" and the black grass.

I hope you can play along with us this month at More Than Words!  If you are interested in participating in the challenge, please head over to the More Than Words blog for all of the details. It's so easy and fun, and there are prizes to be won, too!!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  I hope you all have a wonderful October!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful pages! Loving the Halloween theme and colours, that background is amazing - perfect ❤️. Hope you are keeping well and wishing you a very Happy October 😊. Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Halloween also Sharon. Not super spooky but fun Halloween. And your page is great. Those trees are great; you have an excellent stencil. And the girl is so sweet. It's a nice mix and how I like Halloween. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love your October art journal page. The Halloween theme is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!