Thursday, September 7, 2023

Life is a Balancing Act . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone.  It's September 7th and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself!

Challenge YOUrself #117 opens today:


This month we would like you to think about what balances your life, then scrap about it. It can be about anything you like!! For instance, it can be about friends that bring you balance, family members, pets, what you like to eat, and drink, activities that bring you balance -- anything! You can use the pie chart as a reference, and remember, you can interpret this theme any way you like!

Don't forget, it's not just a scrapbook challenge. Art Journal pages, Project Life pages, Digital Scrapbook pages are all accepted for Challenge YOUrself. They love creativity!

Here is the page that I created for the challenge:


I started by using patterned paper that I had on hand from Blue Fern Studios.  I also had Vicki Boutin's Color Study speciality paper with pie charts that I thought would be perfect here:

I fussy cut a number of the pie charts in various sizes and added them to my page with different labels that I thought needed to be part of my life balance.  I added  the matted photo of my family and dog taken at Jacobsburb Park a few years ago.  Next, I incorporated some inking, ink splatters, tea staining, and finally, adhered the title to my page with Vicki Boutin's Print Shop Thickers.  I really love how it turned out and had so much fun participating in this challenge.

I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month and play along with us!

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for September.   


This month is hosted by Elle from Empire of the Cat.  Elle's theme for September is "Books, Cats, and Tea."
 
Elle says: "Feel free to use any of the elements from the theme separately or all together!  You can use book paper, tea bags, tea packaging, tea staining, etc.  Or you can use any kind of feline, or make it about your favorite book or tea."  There are so many options!
I want to thank Elle and Art Journal Journey for September's wonderful challenge.   

As you can see, part of my life balance includes reading a book and adopting a pet!  (We have a beautiful dog as our pet for the past 4 years.  We adopted her from a local rescue shelter.  And we had a beloved cat as our pet for many years, too.)   I also added some tea staining to the upper right hand corner of my page to complete my entry.  

I hope you check out the entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month!  And we would love to see YOUR art there, too.

I want to thank YOU so much for stopping by my blog today!   Enjoy the rest of your September.

9 comments:

  1. I love all those little graphic circles you used Sharon. What a fun way to decorate a page. And that's a great photo. And this page is a great entry for Elle's challenge at AJJ. Read a book and adopt a pet are definitely good balances as far as I am concerned. :) Happy September to you, and thanks for joining us at AJJ. Hope all is well. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a gorgeous page, love the colours, it's such fun. Life is indeed a balancing act, I have really learnt that lately, as I have big problems with keeping my balance! Thanks so much for joining us at AJJ, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super page Sharon. I love that wonderful photo and all the colour wheels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pie charts are perfect for this! Cool layout.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the little pies, and of course that you added book and tea references. Thanks for joining me for the Books, Cats & Tea September theme at Art Journal Journey this month Happy Journalling! Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am very late visiting, but I love your balancing act, Sharon,. You have certainly made it your own and those circles were amazing. Nice you joined us at AJJ using Elle's great theme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am on holiday at the moment but love seeing this fabulous page! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so creative and cool, Sharon. I really like balancing act words (so true) and then each of your main points is underscored so well with those fun circles. Fab page. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful page, so true. I love the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!