Sunday, May 1, 2022

The Ocean is Calling . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone! It's May 1st (can you believe it??)  and time for a new Main Challenge at  More Than Words:

More Than Words is a monthly art journal challenge site that asks you to incorporate both a word inspiration and a creative challenge into your projects.

Here is the May Main Challenge:

The word inspiration for May is OCEAN and the creative challenge is SPLATTERS

Here is my finished art journal page:


I have always loved the OCEAN! My parents didn't have a lot of money, but they made sure we took a trip to the New Jersey shore every summer, if just for a day! I loved walking along the beach, feeling the the sand at my feet, and especially liked seeing the OCEAN rise and fall. It had a magical quality and I had many a dream of seeing a mermaid. In making my art journal page, I scattered black and white paint SPLATTERS around my silhouette mermaid and added the quote "The OCEAN is calling and I must go."

Here are some different views:



I hope that you get a chance to check out the May Main Challenge at More Than Words! 

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  HUGS to one and all!

4 comments:

  1. Hello to the month of May!! Your art page is gorgeous! I love the quote and your page is simply beautiful.. love the splatters which remind me of bubbles.. and yes I love the beach too.. I dont get to the beach enough so it is always a joy to spend some time there yes even if it is only for a days trip! I hope you are well..have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mermaid Sharon. She's a beauty. This is a great challenge and if I can get to my ocean stamps, I may have to join in. Happy May to you. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!