Friday, January 7, 2022

We Worked Together . . . for Challenge YOUrself and AJJ Monthly!

Hi everyone. Welcome 2022 and a new Challenge YOUrself challenge!

This month's theme is about working together:
 

I had a lot of fun making this layout!  I loved making this mixed media page about my nurse coworkers!

Here is my completed page:

I used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio's Joyful collection that I purchased from "My Little Scrapbook Store." This is a Christmas collection, but I made it a non-holiday theme!  I wanted to document my retirement by remembering my coworkers and how wonderfully we always worked together as a team. 

I used 2 black and white photos of me and my fellow nurses taken on my last day of work before I retired.  Here's one of them:

And sharing some different views of my project:


I hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month. If you head over to their blog, you can see all of the design team inspiration!

I am also linking my project up to Art Journal Journey, Monthly.

 
 
This month's theme is hosted by Erika at BioArtGal and is entitled Lets Face It.  
Erika said the following:  "This month you should use a face on your journal page. It could be a human face, an animal face, or a face on something that doesn't usually have one like smiling flowers or a mustached mushroom. It might not even be a living thing that has a face. Or perhaps instead of an actual face you have another interpretation of this topic. You can stamp a face, draw a face, use a digital face or cut out a face from something printed. You could also paint a face or stencil a face."

As you can see, my faces on photographs are of me and my 2 nurse co-workers from last year! Thank you, Erika and everyone AJJ.  I am always blown away by the beautiful projects I find there!

And as always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  Happy New Year! HUGS!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout, love the two photos.. precious memories..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a gorgeous layout Sharon, and what a fun photo. You look very excited. OF course retirement is an exciting event. I bet it brings back lots of memories to you when you made it. And those faces work perfect for AJJ. Thanks again for joining us. Its much appreciated. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve your layout, Sharon, and how you used the photos of you and your nursing friends, a lovely memory for you! Happy New year, and thanks for joining us again for Erika's challenge at AJJ. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a pretty and celebratory layout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic memory page and layout. I hope you are enjoying your retirement. Thank you for linking to Erika's theme over at AJJ.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful, happy page Sharon! I'm glad you still enjoy getting together with your ex-colleagues.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely photo and I love the page you made and glad to see that you keep in touch! It's a really great page for Erika's theme at Art Journal Journey. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! Nurses are the best. I love that you made a Christmas collection fit a completely different topic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful page and a wonderful way to capture all those happy memories! You showcased those photos perfectly 😁. Take care and Happy January! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great layout of co-workers and friends!! I love the colors and the photo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!