Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Joy . . . for Challenge YOUrself!


Hi everyone!  It's April 7th and time to share my scrapbook page made for Challenge YOUrself!


But first, I would like to share a bit of positivity in these times . . .  
The quote is from "The Rescuers" and was said by Rufus Wainright, the cat.  This is one of my daughter, Katie's favorite quotes.  And I just have to share this beautiful art journal spread that I found on Instagram:
I love Hiba's(@thesillyscribbler) artwork and her take on this wonderful quote.  You can find her on Instagram here.  

And without further ado, here is this month's Challenge YOUrself theme:

The challenge is about using a black and white photo on your page.  I decided to scrap some photos that I took at my nieces high school graduation in 2018.  Here is my page:

I used the color purple because it is one of my niece's favorites.  The background paper and embellishments are made by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  The large chipboard circle is made by Blue Fern Studios.  I loved creating this page in honor of my sweet niece, Sarah!!

Here are some close ups:



I am also linking my scrapbook page to this month's Art Journal Journey monthly challenge:
This month's challenge is hosted by Valerie and is "geometric shapes."  As you can see, my shape is a big circle!  It's been too long since I joined in on one of their challenges, and I can honestly say I really miss it.  I love participating in these challenges because there is so much inspiration to be found there from artists all around the world!  Thanks AJJ!!!

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  I also hope you get a chance to check out Challenge YOUrself this month.  

Sending hugs and positive thoughts to everyone . . .  keep the faith.

21 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos, the colors and the flowers!! And LOVING that quote!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that quote brings back wonderful memories of when my kids were little and we watched that movie over and over again. That layout is stunning, no other way to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that quote.. and we all need to hold onto hope in these times.. it will be rough,but we well get through it.. Love your layout, love the soft colors and the big flowers are fabulous.. stay well...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sharon, thanks for your kind visit. We are doing fine so far, isolating and keeping busy... I am enjoying my design teams and each time I see a challenge come up I think, I must enter and then something else takes over...I will endeavour to try and enter this challenge as you know how much I love them... Hope you are doing well and keeping safe.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous background color and what a fun layout.

    Stay well.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful quote - thank you for sharing. Your layout is so pretty. The circles and flowers mimic the carnival ride in the prompt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very pretty Sharon! Thanks for the hello. We are doing fine here in WV. Looking forward to things opening up again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. !st of all - I love that quote from The Rescuer's! 2ndly - your layout is absolutely fabulous! Thanks for you positivity during these trying times, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sharon,a gorgeous LO,I love your colour combo and design,thanks for the blog visit.I have been thinking about you and family,stay safe.🙏

    ReplyDelete
  10. So nice to read those positive words & to see your captured happy memories, there's lots of smiles on your page Sharon. Wishing you a very Happy and safe Easter Take care Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page, love the photos and details. It's always good to see and read positive thoughts. Thanks so much for liking your lovely page to AJJ. Have a wonderful Easter, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful selection of art and pages. The words are lovely and so are the photos you added.
    Thank you for linking to Valerie's theme at Art Journal Journey.
    Stay safe and well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such an uplifting post! I love the quote from the Rescuers and the way you brought it to life on your pages with your amazing calligraphy and drawings 😁. Your page looks beautiful with the pretty colours and layout and showcase the photos beautifully! Happy Easter wishes and weekend! Stay safe and well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an amazing joyful page Sharon. I agree, we all need as much joy and hope and happiness right now since all you hear about is the virus. Which is too sad and overwhelming. Your page is amazing. You certainly created the joy of graduation. Thanks for sharing this with us at Art Journal Journey. HOpe you have a wonderful Easter. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a gorgeous page Sharon! I love that circle frame with the flowers and the B&W photos look beautiful with purple! Thanks for stopping by and Happy Easter.
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  16. absolutly stunning is your page,i love this a lot.
    your daughter is so beautiful.
    thanks for stoping by and happy easter.


    hugs jenny

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your layout is absolutely stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Sharon, that's such a beautiful page, love the colour with the white embellishments, it really makes the photo layout pop. Love the quote and the journal page you found is lovely, thanks for sharing. Thanks for your visit and nice comments.
    Stay safe, Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a great idea to have the photos in black and white, and then you can use whatever colours you like - your circular theme is really effective and I love the little flower clusters. Thank-you for the bluebird quote - that one is new to me :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sharon - sorry it's taken so long to get back to you. Life's been busy! Luckily, I've been getting more creating time in though ;) This is fabulous - I love that you've got four beautiful photos onto a single page layout. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!