Sunday, March 1, 2020

Cool Moment . . . for Scrap the Boys!

Hi everyone!  Happy March!

Today I am sharing my layout made for the March challenge at Scrap the Boys:


This month's challenge is  . . . When I grow up, I want to be . . .


This month's Scrap the Boys sponsor is Cut to You.  


And here is my completed page:


The adorable robot cut files are from Cut to You!

When coming up with my page and after seeing the challenge photo of the boy dressed up like a robot, I knew exactly what I wanted to make my page about . . .  

Does anyone remember the TV show Lost in Space?


The original TV series aired from 1965 to 1968 and it was one of our favorites.  My cousin, Eric, and my sister and I wanted grow up to be astronauts because of this show!

Here is the photo that I used:


It was taken in 1967.  Even on the Appalacian Trail, we pretended we were climbing on the moon or mars!

And here are some close-ups:




The background paper and embellishments are from my stash and were made by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.  I also used the Orb Stamp from Scrap FX!  (I acquired this stamp when I was on the Scrap FX design team and still love using it.)

I hope you get a chance to check out this months theme at Scrap the Boys.  I really enjoyed it and I think you will too.

In the mean time, enjoy the month of March.  And thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
Hugs!

7 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! I love the robots and stars and yes I remember that show although it was not one of my favourites!! I was more into Mr Ed the talking horse!! Do you remember that one?? hehe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lizzy! I sure do! We loved that show, too!!!!!

      Delete
  2. I loved that show! Love this lo too! LOVING that photo, the robots and the stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that show! But I had NO interest in being an astronaut. I love that this challenge prompted you to tell your story. Awesome page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, thank you! (I would never want to be an astronaut in today's day and age.)

      Delete
  4. This is so cool, I absolutely love it! I loved "Lost in Space" and the Appalacian Trail, too. What a wonderful way to preserve your precious memory. Happy March, and keep on posting. I can't wait for what is next.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!