Friday, June 7, 2019

Shine!

Hi everyone!  I hope you are enjoying your June so far!

I am here today to tell you about the newest Challenge YOUrself challenge:


It opened today, June 7th, and closes on July 4th!  It's a scrapbook challenge blog that asks you to makes pages with photos with YOU in the frame!  You can used any grid pattern you like - it doesn't have to be the one pictured here.

And I am linking my layout to the latest theme at Art Journal Journey Monthly

Their challenge runs for the month of June!  Halle of Halle's Hobbies hosts this month's theme which is "Words to Live By."  As you will see,  I shared words to live by for my daughter in my journaling!

Here is my take on both challenges:

For this particular challenge, I wanted to use a birthday theme.  I picked photos from my daughter, Katie's 17th birthday party back in 2011.  The large one is of her blowing out her candles, and the smaller ones are . . . 1) of me with Anne, and 2) of her cousins, Sarah and Michael!  Time sure does fly by - Katie's 25 years old now!

I used the Cocoa Vanilla Studio "Boys Rule" collection Good Times paper for my background:
 And the Miss Kate Designs "Happy Birthday" collection for my grid papers:


Here are some close-ups of my layout and journaling:




I hope you get a chance to check out this fun and easy challenge at Challenge YOUrself this month!  And please visit Art Journal Journey Monthly, too!  I always find tons of inspiration there!!!!

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!

Hugs and happy scrapping!

17 comments:

  1. Wonderful scrap-page, love the photos you used. Kids do grow up so quickly! I still have fond memories of putting my grandchildren to bed, and now they are soldiers....time flies! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bright and shining, Sharon. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love this! LOVING the colors and those photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely use of colour and a great page.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's AMAZING!I so love your always unique and terrific layouts so much! This one is no exception! Great to meet you at AJJ again dear Sharon!! Thank you for joining us! Much appreciated!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Big, big hugs
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I like how you interpreted the grid into your own dreamy style.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the layers in your layout. I often see either scrapbook or card design sketches but have a hard time visualizing them into a new product. You do this very well!
    Thanks for linking up for Words to live by on AJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun layout you created. This was a fun page. You manage to find the best embellishments, the best choice of colors, and the perfect number of layers. Add to that your heartfelt photos and this is an amazing entry. Thanks for sharing it using Halle's theme at Art Journal Journey, dear Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous layout, love the back ground and lovely photos too.. and time just seems to fly by!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful memory page, Sharon! I love the series of photos at different ages. Yes, they do grow up fast. Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love this birthday page. The lay out is great and all the elements work so well together. I think the big bright cake photo is a fabulous and is the perfect centerpiece for this page. Thanks so much for visiting my blog, and happy rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sharon, this is a great layout for your daughter's birthday celebrations, love the little extra embellishments too. Love the featured word and the added caption remembering the day. Thanks for calling by my blog.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for your lovely comment Sharon, love this gorgeous layout.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a super fun and celebratory page! Love the title and the grid design...perfect! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful birthday layout. It is so meaningful. I love everything, but esp the photos and the birthday hat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Business aloe preparations are to be had in lots of fitness food stores but do make sure that they're a hundred percent and organic. You could make your very own aloe vera juice from the aloe gel received through slicing an aloe leaf and scooping out the gel. http://musclegainfast.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!