Thursday, February 7, 2019

Happy Memories!

Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing a layout that I made for the newest challenge at Challenge YOUrself, a blog that challenges you to scrap photos with YOU in the frame!

This month's challenge is to create a movie themed layout:

We just watched "Marley and Me" as a family on TV:



I decided to make my layout about this movie because our beloved family dog, Kita, recently passed away and this movie reminded us so much of Kita.

This photo was taken on the day we adopted her when she was 2 years old:

Here are more recent photos that were taken last year (2018) on Easter Sunday:



I decided to use the recent photos.  Here is my completed page:


I used one of my favorite quotes from the movie:  "It's amazing how much love and laughter our pets bring into our lives."  



Here's a close up: 

My journaling reads:

We adopted Kita on July 12, 2008.  We knew that she could help to heal our broken hearts after the loss of our golden doodle, Jack.  That night, Anne told me that Jack was looking at us from Heaven and smiling.  Now it's Kita's turn to watch over us.  She passed away on January 25, 2019.  She was with us for almost 11 years.  Once again, our hearts are broken, but we know that she is in a better place where this is no pain.  Watching "Marley and Me" helped us to remember that Kita brought us unconditional love.  We can still hear her tail thumping . . .

I used the fabulous"Midnight" collection kit from Cocoa Vanilla Studio to make my page.  What a wonderful kit - so full of amazing papers and embellishments.  I especially LOVE the title "Happy Memories."  And I can honestly say that making this page was very therapeutic - for me and my family.


I hope you get a chance to check out this month's Challenge YOUrself challenge!!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  I really appreciate your visits and comments.

8 comments:

  1. Great photo´s and a beautiful layout, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful layout and a great way to celebrate the life of your beautiful Kita! She will be watching over you now! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss of Kita! She was beautiful! I love how you honored her with this lo!!! Sooooooooooo cute with her bunny ears!!! LOVING all the hearts too!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful layout. I love the photos and your words. What a beautiful way to remember such a wonderful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tribute to a beloved family member. I'm sorry for your loss, but am so happy for the wonderful years you had together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad when our pets die....but a beautiful memorial page here... those photos... looove & I just had one taken with my mutt & the one we're minding, today.... think I might have to join in this month! BTW...love that collection - you've made it rock here :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry for your loss dear Sharon - this layout is unique and speaks from love to her! ♥♥♥

    Hugs Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. oohhh I bawled so much when I watched that movie... but it was a lovely movie all the same.. and your layout is beautiful.. our fur babies take up a lot of room in our hearts and it really really hurts when we have to say good bye.. what a special layout to remember your darling Kita!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!