Friday, July 13, 2018

3 New Blue Fern Studios' Layouts for July!

Hi everyone!  It's hard to believe that it is July 13 already!  As I write this post, we are in the middle of a heat wave here in Pennsylvania - we have an extremely high heat/humidity advisory for the next few days, so it's a perfect time to stay indoors scrap!! 

Today I am excited to share my July Blue Fern Studios layouts with you . . .

Layout #1: One Cute Chick

I went straight to the beautiful "Tattered Walls" collection.  This time, I used "The Carolina Room" as the basis for my page.  I utilized both sides:

It's such gorgeous paper, I knew exactly which photos I wanted to use for my layout.  These sweet pictures of Anne were taken on Mother's Day, 2009.  Every time I see that smile, my heart melts!

Back to scrapping . . . I really enjoyed using the "One Cute Chick" chipboard and embossed it with "Pixie Dust" embossing powder.  

It's a DREAM to work with!!!  I also used one of the birds from the "A Spring Day" collection and embossed it with the sparkly "Goldenrod" embossing powder!


Here are is a close up:

And a different view:

Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: Tattered Walls "The Carolina Room" (Both sides!)
Chipboard: A Spring Day, "One Cute Chick"
Embossing Powder: Pixie Dust, Goldenrod
Flowers: Garden Blooms, Moody Florals
Seedlings: Gold Nugget
Glitter: Solar Flare, Gilded Rose
Lace: Ivory Braided Trim, Lace 1, Lace 6, Lace 10
Ephemera: Tattered Walls

Layout #2:  Blessed

I already had the photo of my daughters, Katie and Anne, in mind when I started making this page.  I took this photo for our Christmas card in November of 2013.  Once again, I thought the tattered walls collection was perfect for this treasured picture.  

I used "The Garage."

Isn't it cool that all of these papers are named after a room?  I love that!

I also used "The Powder Room" to back my photo and to punch out my snowflakes:


I embossed the "Blessed" and "Christmas Tree" chipboard pieces with the "Ivory" embossing powder.  I have to mention that I have never found better embossing powder than that made by Blue Fern Studios!  The Ivory EP is wonderful and no others match up to it!  (And because it's a neutral, I use it so often that I need to order more soon.)

Here are some close ups of my layout:


And I really had fun decorating my chipboard Christmas tree with pieces from Lace 9C:

Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: Tattered Walls "The Garage," "The Powder Room"
Chipboard: Christmas Tree, "Blessed"
Embossing Powder: Ivory
Flowers: Courtship Roses, Harvest Lilies, Late Winter Lilies
Seedlings: Twig
Glitter: Solar Flare
Lace: Lace 9C, Lace 10

Layout #3:  Love This Moment

I totally enjoyed making this last page using a photo of the group of children that were adopted with Anne when we got together at Pearl S Buck for an adoption picnic.  This "travel group" photo was taken in the summer of 2009!

I love the Homespun collection and that it was perfect for this photo.  I used the flip side of "Hospitality:"


I altered these chipboard pieces:  

"Opulence:"

"Love This Moment:"


This time I embossed both pieces with "Taupe" embossing powder, then to change things up a bit, I distressed each piece.  

Here are some close ups:


I also enjoyed embossed directly on my page using the "Christmas Collage" stamp set and "Pearl" embossing powder.

Here's a different view:


Blue Fern Product List:
Paper: Homespun "Hospitality
Chipboard: "Love This Moment," "Opulence"
Embossing Powder: Taupe, Pearl
Flowers: Homespun Blossoms, Fresh Florals
Seedlings: Wintergreen
Glitter: Army Dust
Stamp Set: Christmas Collage
Lace: Lace 3



I would like to take a moment to thank you for stopping by my blog today.  I truly enjoyed making these pages using the amazing Blue Fern Studios products and loved sharing them with all of you!  

I cannot wait to share more with you next month!

Until then . . . Happy Scrapping

13 comments:

  1. Oooh...they are really cute. And so are your layouts, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply ADORE what you have made with those precious images!
    Amazing layouts so full of beauty! I love the all but this tooth gap has stolen my heart!
    Happy weekend and stay cool dear Sharon!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow these are all so beautiful Sharon, I just love the photos they are all so precious special moments and love the back ground details as well as the blooms and wonderful chipboard pieces you have used.. I hope you can stay cool, and I will be putting the wood on the fire as we are expecting our coldest day of the year tomorrow!!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow wow!!! These are all gorgeous! LOVING the colors and loveeeeeeee the photos and the way you have showcased each one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I absolutely love all 3 of your latest layouts!
    In "Love This Moment" - the distressed look is great, as is the photo and excellent poem. "Blessed Merry Christmas" has the most beautiful tree & snowflakes & flowers - But I esp love the photo and the quote. "One Cute Chick" is adorable! Such a magnificent background and colors. They go so well with the best and cutest pictures ever! And the Beatles quote is a phenomenal way to round it out. Truly exquisite work! Keep posting, I can't wait to see what is next...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pages and card,i especially love the lace you have been using on your work,I must do my own blog past,hugs Trish ❤️.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are beautiful! I love all the textures and details! Such great photos too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are absolutely gorgeous and beyond adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are beautiful, Sharon. Each and every one is soooo pretty - really love how you're using the Blue Ferns bits. They suit your scrappy style!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 3 stunning layouts! All so super! Love the first one for the prettiness of it, with the gorgeous flowers and pinks. Your styling and design is so soft too...love it! ;-)
    Love the other 2 pages too...for their gorgeous chippies, lace and colouring! Your work is pure gorgeousness!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These layouts are beautiful! The chipboard pieces are awesome! I love the papers you used also! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow,you have been busy Sharon,all great LO,ts,love that lace!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so pretty. You do such a great job highlighting the photos and showcasing the products.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!