Monday, October 9, 2017

A Grateful Heart . . . Scraps of Darkness Aug Kit, 2017

Hi everyone!

I am sharing my 5th layout made with the amazing Scraps of Darkness "Sparkle and Shine" kit.  I just couldn't resist making one more layout because I absolutely LOVE this kit.  And I have so much left over, even after making 4 layouts! 

Here's my 5th page:


This layout means a lot to me because I started with a vintage photo of my mom and dad that was taken long before they had us kids!  I used the beautiful Prima, Rose Quartz, double-sided paper entitled "Midnight Beauty."  I liked the side that looked almost like worn wallpaper to me.  I added some more interest by splattering the gold acrylic paint, hickory smoke spray stain, and the worn lipstick distress oxide ink - all are in the color add-on kit!  I added my title by cutting out the saying from the "Grateful Heart with Foil Accents" paper.

Here are some close-ups:




Here's the Sparkle and Shine kit:


Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  I hope that I inspired you!!!   


Happy Scrapping everyone!

15 comments:

  1. Ooh this page is stunning! A wonderful photo and loads of yummy detail - I just love it. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Sharon, I can see why you love that kit, what a super cute layout.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful layout, so beautifully composed. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....what a beautiful page, Sharon. Love the layers and the great use of material and technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow that is such a special photo to scrap, and I love all the details and elements under and side of your photo.. such a pretty page. love the colors too.. and yes rain is good... I hope you get all you need.. sounds like we all are enjoying the blessing of rain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful layout Sharon . You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww! This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that photo of your parents and loving the colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh super sweet layout, from colors to the sweet details, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the colours and your design Sharon,another great LO

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures, beautiful colors, beautiful layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful page Sharon! A wonderful composition!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful layout! All the details are very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stunning page Sharon.....so many gorgeous layers, the colours are really pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sharon, it's so nice to visit your blog again. That picture of your parents is great--they look like they have just stepped off the pages of a fashion magazine. And your lovely page has just the right vintage-chic feel to go along with the photo.
    Have a nice weekend!--from Denise

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!