Sunday, February 7, 2016

My "One Little Word" for 2016!

Good Morning everyone and welcome to Sunday!  It's so hard to believe that we are into our second month of 2016 already.  I hope you are all having a good start to the year!

Today I would like to share my One Little Word with you and the layout I created for Challenge YOUrself's newest challenge:


I picked "Faith" for so many reasons.  This past year has been a year of faith for me and my family and for John's family, too.  Here is my latest layout featuring "Faith."


The photo was taken in NYC last March when John and I celebrated our 25th anniversary!


And here it is in black & white:


I am a little late, but last week's prompt at Our Beautiful World was "bird" and I wanted to share my photo above because you can see the seagull flying above our heads . . .

And here are some different views of my layout:


And the poem entitled "Faith is a Bluebird" is from the Disney movie "The Rescuers" and was one of our favorites when Katie was a child.  We would recite it all the time . . .


That's it for today!  If you are a scrapper, I highly encourage you to check out Challenge YOUrself this month!  Pick your OLW and start scrapping!!!

I would like to show you two photos that I took at the farm right down the street from us.  I would like to share these for the prompt "Markings" at Our Beautiful World.  

This first one was taken in the morning.  If you look closely, you can see the markings the corn stalks left behind through the snow.


And the second one was taken in the afternoon.  I love the markings the clouds left in the sky with the sun shining through!!


 I used my new lensbaby lens and love the blurred edges it created!


Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  HUGS to all of you, my friends.

16 comments:

  1. Love love love love this! LOVING that photo and the colors! GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the last two photos.....beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photos especially the one on the bridge and the one with the snow!Thank you for sharing with us in Our Beautiful World. AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful Sharon, just beautiful!
    Love your photo in NYC too, bring back lots of memory, I walked by that river many many times when I was living in NYC.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Our Beautiful World too, always nice to have you there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORG photos. So glad you're having a real winter with snow!!! That LO is beautiful... & love that it has such meaning too:) and a GREAT challenge - will try to squish it in:):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful post, Sharon. Your layout says so much, and your photos show the glory of God even more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi There! I love your layout for the scrap YOUrself challenge, a lot of love on it!! love the photo in black and white and color.. and such pretty photos of the snowy landscapes.. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful page, Sharon! I just love that bokeh background, and ALL of your photos are stunning and utterly peaceful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, there is both a serenity and an urgency in how you scrapped this. Beautiful page.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful layout Sharon, the touches of black are perfect with your colours and I love all the little extra special touches that add meaning to your layout. I don't like being cold , but your snow photo's are beautiful
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful layout, I love the bird in the photo, and I esp love the poem!!! The pictures you took of the farm are totally awesome. Yay for your lensbaby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your layout is beautiful and I really think the poem is perfect. As always, your photography is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely photos and layout :-) so simple yet sophisticated!

    ReplyDelete
  14. As usual you photos are gorgeous. Congratulations on 25 years of marriage...I pray for many many more years together. Your layout is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos!! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at OBW!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!