Sunday, September 27, 2015

Anne and the School Bus!!

Good Morning everyone!  Welcome Sunday.  And welcome fall days, too.  Our weather has definitely become much cooler and breezier and it certainly feels like fall now.  It's been absolutely wonderful.  This is exactly why I love fall so much!

Today I would like to share a layout I made for the Scrap our Stash design team.  I am up today at Scrap our Stash sketch challenge and would love it if you checked it out here!


Here's the current sketch challenge:

Your challenge is to...
Create a layout inspired by Juliana Michaels' sketch 
AND...you must use at least (3) different type of school supplies on your layout. 



And here's my layout:


with some different close ups and views:




Juliana Michaels' sketch was amazing to work with and I loved using school supplies on my layout! I decided to use photos of my daughter, Anne, taken on her first day of school - these were last year's photos! I thought they would be perfect for the school/fall theme. And I really love the photo of Anne waiting for the school bus! 

I used 4 different school supplies on my page as follows: a paper clip, staples, pencils, and notebook paper.


If you have some time, please check out the sketch challenge going on right now.  You have till the end of the month to submit your entry!!

And I would like to end by sharing some photos of Anne taken this year.
Here she is with her friend on their first day of middle school:


I still cannot believe that Anne is in middle school already.  Where did the time go?

And Anne is on the cross country team at the middle school this year.  She had a strong finish yesterday! Yay Anne!!!



Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  Enjoy Fall!

18 comments:

  1. Wonderful LO and photos, thanks for sharing. Autumn is well on its way here, too! Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay to Anne, you must be one proud mama!
    What a beautiful layout to document the precious moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on her! My boys were distance runners too - they loved it! The school bus LO is gorgeous- love the big title & punched edges on the side paper.... A good memory to capture...& MY ! How she has GROWN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love your LO! LOVING the photos and the school goodies! And LOVING the photos!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your page! Anne is beautiful. Athletic, too --- what a blessing that is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi from my spring day over here! I used to love running long distance... Not much good at the short distances! Not any more though! Love the layout with the school theme and embellishments! Great photos and I love the school bus! Our buses look different over here in Australia! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done Anne on the cross country . Love that you have a photo of the school bus in your layout. Gosh I still remember my school bus so well, it is an important part of our lives I think . We form friendships talk about the coming day and the day on the way home. I find school photos hard for some reason, but you have done a wonderful layout. Like Lizzy said we are in Spring now, but still a bit chilly, I am really looking forward to some warm weather
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great LO Sharon,your daughter is growing up,we never had a school bus we had to walk,sometimes up to 4 kilometres not sure what that is in miles

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful layout Sharon! Your layouts are all so unique and beautiful!
    She is a fabulous girl!
    Best for her schoolyear!

    my girl (Julia) gets 15 in february.... she is a tennie monster right now..... terrible!
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, time flies - you are so right... i love the photos of anne and how you are scrapping them. the elements on the layouts are great, esp. love the striped fabric and the letters and numbers at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool challenge theme! I like how you used bubble letters for your title. Remember when it used to be so cool to write in bubble letters? My husband and I were just reminiscing about how, when we were in school, we used to make text book covers out of paper grocery bags and doodle the title/subject of the book onto the cover in bubble letters. That was fun.

    When my son started school this year, I asked him whether he had any text books he needed to cover. He said: "No, Mom, all our books are on the iPad this year." Ah, the generation divide. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great action shots, Sharon, and I just love all the school-themed items on your page! So sweet! I wish I had time to play along. Sigh.

    I also wanted to answer the question you asked about the camera lens I used to take my lunar eclipse pics. I have a Cannon PowerShot SX40 which, unfortunately, doesn't have the capability for the use of interchangeable lenses. It's just a little guy, but one day, I'll graduate ;). In the meantime, it does a pretty good job for me. Thanks for asking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What fun to use School supplies and make your layout related to School. I do like your photo of the school bus about to arrive and then the photograph of Anne waiting for the bus, she looks so happy.
    Your layouts bring so much extra to your personal photos, a great way to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the shout out Sharon, I did pop over for a look, thank you so so much!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the action photos of Anne...it is wonderful that she loves sport. Love your page.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Sharon!! YAY for fall, it's cold and windy here. I'm happy for more fall weather too, just wish it would go slow. LOVE LOVE this cute layout, school pictures are a favorite of mine to scrap. The supplies you used are so fun and perfect too.
    Our kids are growing up too fast aren't they friend. sigh.

    Thank you so much for your blog comment on my grandma. She's the one I take care of on Tuesday's, if you remember. She's at peace now, no more worries about why she can't remember anything. We had a beautiful service for her Tuesday, hundreds came out of love and respect for her. So sweet she was.

    So happy I got a lot of PL pages done, still more to go but that was a good start, YAY!!

    Take care friend, enjoy the cool crisp air and Happy October!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely gorgeous layout! Layouts with school-themed products are often graphic and bold and you've made one that is soft and dreamy and fits perfectly with the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!