Sunday, June 7, 2015

Do you believe in magic?

Good Morning everyone!  Happy Sunday!  I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend.  I can't even begin to tell you how great the weather has been.  It is perfect Spring weather and now we are most definitely ready for summer!

Today I would like to share Challenge #19 at Challenge YOUrself!  I am going to be helping Lynn with her blog in the future and am so happy to be her blog coordinator now.  I am looking forward to it, Lynn!



Here is my layout:

With two different views:



I wanted to used these photos for my layout knowing that this very day is the anniversary of my sister, Cathy's death - she passed away on June 7, 2003, after a long battle with ovarian cancer.  I am so proud and happy to be able to call her my sister and friend.  My journaling reads:  "It was like magic - like Cathy was with us when we did the Teal Ribbon 5K this year!  We have been walking/running every year since it began, and I feel her there."

Here are some photos taken at the Teal Ribbon 5K this year:



Anne and Katie are ready to go . . .

My sister, Karen, had these shirts made and we have worn them ever since the very first Teal Ribbon 5K.  Here's John, Tim, Katie, Anne, and Karen:




Ann ran with Katie this year!


So if you get a chance, please check out Challenge YOUrself this month!  It is an "Anything Goes" challenge and we cannot wait to see what you come up with!

And thank you so very much for stopping by my blog today!  I love you all! 

15 comments:

  1. Stunning layout. How wonderful that you do this each year in her memory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A truth to ponder: heaven is a place of continual reunions!

    Enjoyed your photos so much. What a lovely way to remember your dear sister!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, the whole family ran? Good for you guys! And a wonderful tribute to your sister.

    Your page turned out great, especially the rainbow effect and the stars on threads. It really does look magical!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! I love the rainbow frame and all the stars!
    Love that this is your way to remember your sister. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely magical layout with the rainbow and stars and your lovely family.
    What a good idea to do such a positive thing in memory of your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely layout, and a lovely way to remember your sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good on you doing the cancer run.....such a special way of both remembering your sis AND helping the fight against ovarian cancer as well! And that rainbow circle.....really gorgeous, especially with the hanging stars ...... lovely symbolism!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well sometimes things happen and you just cant explain them.. so it sure does feel like magic at times!! Special layout for a special day.. great photos.. love the rainbow and stars.. My Mum had OC and is still with us.. I count my blessings for that every day! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So gorgeous!! LOVING the stars and the rainbow!! And loving the run photos!! How AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great page! Love the memory behind the layout!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great layout with such a special meaning! i loved the rainbow and the stars! thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the rainbow and the sprinkling of stars...and I love your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun layout Sharon, I haven't been doing a lot of 12x12 lately, I will check the link out, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A magical layout and very powerful. So sorry for your loss of your sister, a wonderful way to honour her with the run every year. Love the rainbow circle and stars , as Lizzy says very powerful meaning. Our daughter in law is currently battling Breast Cancer
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry for the loss of your sister. What a wonderful way to help others fight cancer and honor her memory.
    The paper you used is perfect and the journaling around the rainbow is an awesome touch! Thanks so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!