Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Sad Announcement!

I am very sad to say that I just learned that Scrap-Friendzy's owners made the difficult decision to close their site as of 12/1/12.

Here is Amy's announcement as posted in the Scrap-Friendzy forum:

"Honestly, this is the hardest announcement I have ever made. It's been no secret that I have been quite MIA around here lately. I have been going back to school full time and on top of a job, a photography business, and my busy kiddos- scrapping has unfortunately had to take a back burner. Not just scrapping, Scrap-Friendzy.

Because of this, Mama and I have been forced to make a tough decision: 
I am so sorry to say, we are closing SF.
At this point, we are not at a place in our life to devote the time and energy that it takes to maintain a site. Honestly, we couldn't have made it this far without the wonderful DT we've had through the years. We have been struggling with this decision for months and have finally come to the realization that this is what is best for our family.  I am so sorry and I'm so sad to have to tell you this. You girlz have been like family for so long and I hope that we can keep in touch. If anyone is interested in taking over SF and keeping it going, please email me and I will give you more information on maintaining things.

We struggled with the decision of trying to keep things going through December, but with the holidays and everyone being so busy, we thought it would be best to just close now. Again, I'm so sorry to announce this, but I hope you all understand."


I absolutely understand their decision, and I want to thank Amy and Cheryl for giving me the opportunity to be on their design team.  I have met so many wonderful scrappy friends at Scrap-Friendzy and I am going to miss them!

So without further ado, I want to share the layout that I was going to use for a challenge on Friday:


The photo I used I took during our first snow-fall!  I was going to challenge participants to use ribbon on their layouts!!

I hope you all have a happy Wednesday.  The weather here today is very warm for this time of the year!  Thanks for stopping by and visiting my blog!

9 comments:

  1. That is sad ... but I completely understand! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! I loveeeeeee the photo, the background paper, the ribbon!! I am totally pinning this Sharon! That ribbon has got me thinking!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is sad when challenge sites closed and I have seen a number of those. Life just gets too busy. The layout you made are beautiful and I love the berries and the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always sad when anything scrap-related closes. Your layout is beautiful. I love what you did with the ribbons/berries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Sharon....big hugs to you and the owners of Scrap Friendzy! I feel so badly about your FAVE store closing! I worry about small businesses closing all the time....the economy stinks. Big hugs to YOU, sweet lady! So proud of ALL YOU DO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry about this Sharon. I've seen this happen before and always feel bad. I LOVE LOVE this layout so much. The texture background is amazing and your use of the ribbon is perfect and just makes the page HAPPIER!! I have a hard time with ribbon for layouts, I like ribbon just not sure when/how to use. Thanks for this inspiration and I will keep trying with my ribbon. This would be pretty in a fram for the holidays, maybe on a shelf or hanging up, it's so pretty with the snow. Just a thought.
    Have a good weekend, I'm hoping to post pictures soon if I can get them to work, wish me LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a beautiful home Sharon! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seems to be happening a lot lately...but your layout is lovely! red, red, red and grunge. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ScrapFriendzy was a true scrappy home for me. Although I totally understand Amy's situation, I shed some tears when I read her farewell. Such a sad, sad, day for me. Your layout is amazing - one of my faves I've seen you create!! ~ Blessings, Tracey http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!