Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fly!



I have been admiring the work and the talent at the blog "ScrapFIT" for a long time.  I finally decided it was time to participate in one of their challenges.  Check out their fun and creative blog here!

The challenge I chose is the ScrapFIT Workout #74 – A Sketch By Diana!





Isn't the sketch incredible?  I absolutely love it and wanted to participate in the challenge.

Here is the layout I created with Diana's sketch as my inspiration:

Everything that I used on my page was from my old stash. (I have so much stuff, I could start my own scrapbook store, I think!  LOL!!!)

I took the photos of the butterfly in my garden, and couldn't help but think of Katie when I saw these.

I was also inspired by a favorite old song by REO Speedwagon "Time for me to Fly", but changed the lyric to "Time for you to fly."  ♥♥♥

We leave tomorrow . . .

Fly,  precious girl . . .

9 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwwww!! This is GORGEOUS Sharon!! I love love love those photos, the colors and LOVING the alphas you used for the title!!! Big HUGS for tomorrow Mama!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond GORGEOUS lo!!! HUGS!!!! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and such a great idea! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I've told you just how.much. I LOVE your layout, Sharon. You nailed it- I love the soft muted tones of the patterned papers, and how the pictures just 'fly' right off the page. They really come to life this way...just a beautiful memento for your beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Such an amazing design Sharon - love the color combo and everthing!!
    Hugs!
    Asmah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, there you go.............create, create, create! Beautiful photos, layout and theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous page, Sharon. Great take on this sketch. I'd have never guessed you used older supplies here - it looks so fresh and inviting!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Sharon! First of all, your layout is beautiful, and I think the lyrics are perfection for this time. I can't imagine how tough it has to be to watch her soar away, and I'm glad I have many years before I have to face that departure. Your family has given her such a great foundation to build on...she is going to have an amazing experience, and she'll always know where HOME is!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a beautiful page in so many ways...from the gorgeous colors, design and elements to the symbolism in your fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!