Thursday, June 7, 2012

We'll remember always . . . Graduation Day!

Katie graduated on Monday, June 4, 2012.  Anne "moved up" on Monday June 4, 2012.  What a day to remember!!!!!

I was so blessed to get the day off work and to be able to attend Anne's moving up ceremony.  It was adorable:


 During the ceremony, their Principal read the story "I'll Love You forever," and there wasn't a dry eye (mom's eyes anyway!) in the house! 
Here is Anne with her "best" friend the entire year, Brynn!

That same night, Katie graduated from Nazareth Area High School.  It is still so hard to believe!!!  Here is the letter that I wrote to her that morning:

Dear Katie,

Tonight you will graduate from high School and a major part of your life will be over, but a new and even more exciting part of your life will be just beginning.

Words cannot even express how much I love you and how proud I am of you. You are and always will be my daughter, my first-born, and the light of my life. You came as a beautiful gift to your dad and me 18 years ago., and these past 18 years have come and gone with speed beyond belief. I can remember holding you in my arms and singing “I’ll love you forever” like it was yesterday.

As I think back over the years and reflect on them now, I know, that it hasn’t always been easy, and the years ahead won’t always be trouble free and easy, either. But I am absolutely confident that you can handle anything that comes your way. And don’t forget, if you need anything at all, you can always count on us to be there for you!

I have always told you that you should never stop dreaming and that you can be anything that you want to be. I still believe that now. You have always aspired to do great things in your life, and there isn’t a doubt in my mind that you will. I want you to remember, Katie, that only you can limit your future. Never let anyone else define it for you or put limits on you. You will only go as far as your imagination and determination will take you. Push yourself, do more than is necessary, and always expect the best from yourself!

I wish you many things in your life that is just beginning: I wish you health. Always take good care of you. I wish you happiness. Nothing can replace it. I wish you a lifetime of learning. I hope that you will always draw strength and satisfaction from what you know, but hope that you will be open to learning new and challenging things. Some of life’s greatest satisfactions come from overcoming great odds and succeeding at those things you didn’t think you could do! (like passing a driving test!!) I wish you great adventures. Keep on seeking them in your life. I wish you faith, not only in yourself, but in God. Take time to get to know Him and to nurture your spirit. May you find the serenity to change the things you can, accept the thing s you can’t and the wisdom to know the difference. The 6th thing I wish you is wisdom, and that when you find it, I hope that you will share it with others. But most of all, I wish you love. Remember, to love and be loved is one of life’s greatest wonders!

You are an amazing, unique, and wonderful human being with endless possibilities ahead of you. And I will always be there for you, cheering you on, as I did for you when you were a child.

I will love you forever and for always!
Love, Mom xoxo

And some pictures to share:






















An amazing day!  Thank you for joining in on our joy and happiness!
A special thanks to Karen and Tim, for coming along with us and sharing your wonderful pictures!!!


And here are some pictures from their Baccalaureate Service, too, from the night before!



The are the coolest cats ever!

9 comments:

  1. How exciting for both girls!!!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the letter you wrote her and love love love love all the photos!! What's on the top of their caps??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, thanks! Each student decorated their cap with their college that they will be attedding!

      Delete
  2. Both huge milestones- and to occur on the same day- wow! The letter you wrote dd is truly touching and so sweet. I think what every mother feels for her children was captured in the letter you wrote her! tfs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm a little misty eyed! Congratulations to both your sweet girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful letter and photos! Congrats to both girls (and to their mom)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon congratulations to your girls!!! What a tremendous moment! Your letter is so heartfelt, no dry eyes here either! Cheers my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am absolutely confident she can handle anything too. . . congratulations on raising 2 wonderful young ladies. Love the cool cat photo! I'm proud of her too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What happy times! Thanks for sharing! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really loved the letter that you wrote her Sharon. I am absolutely sure that she'll treasure it forever. Congrats to both of your girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!