Sunday, May 20, 2012

National Tap Dance Day


Anne's little tap dance class (that she participates in at Bushkill BeSafe, her after school program) took part in the National Tap Dance Day recital at Cedar Crest College yesterday.


OK, I admit it . . . . I really did not want to go.  I have been to so many dance recitals in the past and they all seemed to go on and on and on . . . for hours. 
Not to mention that I was exhausted after Katie's prom and the invasion of the teenagers at our home on Friday night.

But all I can say is WOW!  I was amazed at the talented tap performers that I saw.  The organization that ran the recital is called "Tap Ties," and they had performers from all across the Lehigh Valley and Philadelphia area. 

These were the "Shelly Oliver Tap Dancers" dancing to "The Flinstones!"

It was so well organized and each performance was 5 min or under, so it did not go on and on!!!  My husband and I were really surprised and we both enjoyed the show very much.

Here are some pictures of Anne and her group that I would like to share with you:







Her class did an amazing job, and we were so proud of Anne!!!

Now I want to take a tap dance class, too.  Tap Ties offers adult beginners classes this summer.
What do you think?  Should I take this class???

9 comments:

  1. YES!!!! Take the class!!! Do it for all the moms who want to but just can't find the time, the energy, the tap shoes...

    Great pics- I'm waiting to see ones of you dancing with your dd soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy... you have just given me the foresight of what I have to endure on June 2nd when we attend Brookie's first dance recital??? UGH!! LOL!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the photos... glad you had fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOu should! Its so inspiring seeing adults starting something that their children are/were doing. Just recently, I've seen a 50-something year old lady take up figure skating (after wanting to do it since she was a little girl), and a group of fathers form a dance troupe after all their daughters inspired them (they are all in the same dance class). You'll have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go for it Sharon! Why not?!!! I took tap dance lessons growing up and it was so much fun! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh I've always appreciated tap-dancing! Your girl looks so cute with her group! :)

    P/s: You should try out the class! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for it! Congrats to Anne and her group! Darling pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you must be so proud of Anne! I'm always amazed by tap (yep, go for it!) because of all that fast footwork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anne now looks like the big sister with that little girl on her knee. So cute!!! She must have so much fun. I know you are a busy working mom, so if taking this tap class is something you would have fun doing, GO FOR IT!!! You deserve to have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So proud of you too, Anne! She looks so sweet with her group. I don't blame you about the recitals, so glad it wasn't that way this time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!