Sunday, April 15, 2012

Scrapping the Music challenge #197!

Good Morning everyone!  Our computer is up and running again!  My husband took it to a local store, and all it needed was a new power source!!!!!   I can't even tell you how excited I was to hear that!   At least the hard drive wasn't involved and we did not lose all of our data!  And we didn't need to buy a new one either!  Hurray!!!!!!!

This week's Scrapping the Music SONG, Challenge #197A, is "Rolling in the Deep" by Adele.  Patricia chose this song, and I just had to scrap it because I love her amazing voice!  Here is my layout:

 The photo was taken during our recent trip to Disney World. We had just arrived there and were walking past the boardwalk. Everything looked so beautiful, that I just had to take a picture of John, Katie, and Anne!  My heart "burns" when I look at them - my love for them goes deeper than I could have ever imagined!!!!!

This week's PROMPT, Challenge #197B, is as follows:  What was the first album or song you purchased? Was it on vinyl, tape, CD, or downloaded?

The first album that Karen and I purchased was the 5th Dimension "Up, Up and Away."  I think we were around 10 or 11 years old.  We LOVED them, and couldn't wait to get their album.  My mom took us to see them in concert at the Allentown Fair, too!  I think the Monkees album was bought around that time, too.  Michelle, from our design team, made a wonderful layout about the Monkees - if you have time, please check her page out at Scrapping the Music - and the rest of the design team, too.!!! They inspire me every single day with their talent and creativity!

I also want to share a layout I made yesterday!  Anne was in her very first color guard competition.  Well, the younger kids didn't compete, they just performed.  It only lasted for a few minutes, but it warmed my heart so much to see her!!!!!  She wanted me to make a layout with her picture "right away" so here it is:
That's her in the middle of the bottom row with the great big smile!!!!!

To end my post today, I want to let you know that our dog Kita is going to have surgery for a torn ACL on Thursday, and your prayers for her would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!  Your support and friendship means so much to me. 

14 comments:

  1. I love the hot air balloons on your page. You always make the prettiest layouts Sharon. I love your take on the Scrapping The Music challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome LOs! I especially love the color guard one- Anne is beautiful as always, and those bees! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loveeeeeeee all your lo's!!! GORGEOUS!! I am loving the balloons on the second one!!! And I'm sorry to hear about your doggy!! I will pray for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful layouts and so colorful, really great artwork. I will pray for your dog, everything will be okay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sharon, wishing you and Kita the best...they are part of the family for sure...will be praying. You did both challenges? Wow! I love them both. A photo of you and the family already from DW! And those hot air balloons...love! Couldn't be more perfect to go with the album! And you are so sweet to scrap a layout for Anne in the color guard...beautiful and fun...and she is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katie looks like your husband in the photo thought I think she smiles like you. Love the balloons and so remember the song. Thinking good thoughts for your dog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Sharon! What a precious LO at Disney World. Love your LOs. I had that album by the 5th dimension too...my sister bought it for me for Christmas. I had totally forgotten. Congrats to Anne! She looks so happy! Will keep your furbaby in my prayers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are amazing layouts Sharon! Love the colours and fabulous composition! Big hugs for Kita!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by at my blog. I LOVE your happy and bright style, the STM is awesome, with the balloons. 5th dimension makes me happy and I remember the songs - you got me singing now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both these los are absolutely DELIGHTFUL! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always enjoy seeing your lovely los. It's easy to see that your heart and soul together with your pride goes into each and every lo. You are preserving such wonderful heartwarming memories. TFS.
    I am keeping Kita in my prayers. I am certain ALL will be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally forgot to say that I'll keep Kita in my thoughts and prayers! Thank you for the awesome blog comments this morning. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! you and your family are so busy! and yet you still have time to scrap?!

    I love that your DD told you you had to scrap her picture asap! I wouldn't have been able to deny that request either, sweet!

    I'm glad that your pup came thru surgery. I hope she gets to come home soon!

    have a great weekend!!! : .)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pages! hope the puppy is doing well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!