I’m so happy to be hosting Art Journal Journey Monthly for the third time! I’ve enjoyed seeing all your entries so far—they’re truly amazing!
Fall always makes me feel nostalgic, so today I'm sharing a scrapbook page I made in memory of my beautiful mom. She passed away at the age of 89 during COVID on December 20, 2020. Luckily, we were able to see her after she entered hospice care. I know that a lot of families were not allowed to see their loved ones during such a painful and restrictive time, and my sisters and I were very grateful that we could have a chance to be with her and say goodbye.
Here is my project:
I created a 12 x 12 mixed-media scrapbook page featuring a photo of my mom "before she became a mom." I think she looked so carefree, stylish, and beautiful here! The 12 x 12 background paper is from Bo Bunny, a brand I had in my stash for years. The rest was pretty simple and easy to put together. I printed and cut the photo to fit into the background paper. I added the title, some chicken wire chipboard, and a typed label. For my September theme, I incorporated fall colors like dark and light browns, tan, and sepia. Also, the photo was taken in the fall of 1949.
I'm finishing my post with a photo that I took during our morning walk. I really felt my mom's presence that day!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog today. I hope you’re enjoying AJJ’s theme this month as much as I am!
Oh, she is really elegant as is the background you'r make for her 👍
ReplyDeleteLove this AJJ page 🥰
Beauyiful. Happy Sunday
ReplyDeleteMuch love
This is a wonderful tribute to your Mom Sharon. I love the arches window view. My Mom caught COVID back in 2020, and I wasn't able to see her. She was 90 at the time and I worried she wouldn't recover. Luckily there was a wonderful nurse who would call me and I could see her that way, Small blessings. She did recover but caught it again in 2022 and did not make it that time, although she didn't die from Covid but from a stroke.
ReplyDeleteAnd that's another gorgeous photo. I love a good morning walk. I thought about getting up and going today, but it was chilly. Autumn is definitely on its way for certain. Happy new week. hugs-Erika
What a stunning autumn page and great tribute to your mother. She was a beautiful woman. So sad to read Covid took her.
ReplyDeleteThe muted colors of the page set the scene for the photo. This is a remarkable entry for your theme at AJJ and a loving memory of your mother. Than you for sharing.
Sharon, I love it that we are fellow scrapbookers! Your layouts are all fabulous. I really like your header layout about you.
ReplyDeleteI followed you. I thought I already had.
ReplyDelete