Friday, June 7, 2024

Love You . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone.  It's hard to believe that it's June 7th already, but here it is.  Time seems to be flying by faster than ever this year! 

 It's time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself:

Challenge YOUrself #126 opened today and closes on July 4th:


This month's challenge is a sketch challenge.  The theme is to create a project using this PageMaps sketch:

You can use the sketch in any way that you like, and combine it with any other challenge, just not another sketch challenge, for obvious reasons.  And please remember to include at least one photo with YOU in the frame.

Here is the mixed media scrapbook page that I created for this challenge:

As you can see, I followed the sketch pretty closely.  I just love PageMaps sketches and really get inspired to create when I see them.  The background cloud paper is from Vicki Boutin's "Where to Next?" collection entitled "Window Seat."  

The photos are of my hubby and me . . . the first is on our wedding day and the second was taken 30 years later.  Being married to him has made be so happy over the years.  Don't get me wrong, we have had our ups and downs (like most marriages) but we have worked hard to get to where we are today!  
I also want to mention that the rainbow and heart are from ArtStacks . . . Lisa Oxley's Artist Series "Bright and Bold" pack.   



I hope you get a chance to check out  Challenge YOUrself this month!  We would love to see YOUR projects.

I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for June:



This month is hosted by Matilde at 100% Handmade/Craftowanie. Her theme for June is What Makes You Happy?  
Madilde says "Please show us everything that makes you happy.  I'm looking forward to seeing your ideas for this theme.  I hope you will enjoy it and join is this month."

As you can see, I made a page about me and my husband, John.  We have been married for 34 years and I couldn't be happier!  

I hope you get a chance to check out the all entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month.  And I want to thank Matailde and Art Journal Journey for having this amazing challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.   Have a wonderful June! 

3 comments:

  1. You and your husband certainly look happy. In BOTH photos, I might add. You have made a fabulous scrapbook journal page and I applaud you for following that sketch so closely. This is remarkable and perfect for Matilde's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for sharing it with us at AJJ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always admire your makes, Sharon! This is awesome 😍 I'm glad you joined my challenge at AJJ 😊 Thank you for sharing your page!

    June 8, 2024 at 1:50 PM

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your style! And clearly you're doing marriage right. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!