Friday, May 10, 2024

Love this Photo . . . for ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone!  Today I'm sharing a project that I made for the ArtStacks Artist Team.  I am up on their blog today!

 

I created a mixed media scrapbook page using their newest releases:
Their Doors & Windows 2 pack

and their Weathered Walls pack


Head over to www.artstacks.com/au for all of the details and to see each these beautiful packs in detail!

Here is my page using the ArtStacks new releases:

I decided to make a mixed media scrapbook page using a photo of my twin sister and me at CamelBeach in June of 2009.  Camel Beach's deck vibe is vintage, so I thought this would be the perfect photo for these packs.  I LOVED using the new releases as the background, page topper, photo frame, and short verse/quote.

I enjoyed making this project using Artstacks' new releases and hope that I have inspired you to create one, too!


I am also linking my page to Art Journal Journey Monthly's theme for May:



This month is co-hosted by Valerie at Baastelmania and Erika from BioArtGal.  Their theme for May is Poems
Valerie says "Don't be scared by the theme of poems.  It doesn't have to be anything special or super complicated.  You can choose a poem or short verse, or limerick or whatever poems you like.  You can compose your own or choose works from famous people.  The main thing is to have fun."  
Erika says "I'm excited to be working with Valerie.  She said it perfectly.  Have fun and let's rock some poetry this month."

I used a quote/short verse by Joseph Campbell as my poem.  (This is also part of the Doors & Windows 2 pack!)

I hope you get a chance to check out all the entries from the talented artists that take part in this challenge every month.  And I want to thank Valerie, Erika, and Art Journal Journey for creating this fabulous and fun challenge. 

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.   Enjoy the rest of May! 

3 comments:

  1. I love that warm, rusty, paint peeling looking Art Stacks Sharon. And you used it well. This is a great page, and Joseph Campbell has some wonderful quotes. I like the black and white photo too. Thanks for joining Valerie and myself at AJJ again. It's always appreciated. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially love that Weathered Walls pack - gorgeous papers and you have used them in your LO. You two have the same lovely smile and you look pretty identical to me. Am sure you are pleased with this happy summery post of yours. I love it.
    Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You used some wonderful pages to make your art, great theme, too. I live in a rather ancient little town by the Rhine, you would love the doors and windows here! Have a great weekend, hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!