Saturday, January 1, 2022

Pause for a Moment . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone! Happy New Year.  Welcome 2022!!!  

It's time for the More Than Words January Main Challenge!

Just to let you know, More Than Words is a monthly art journal challenge site that contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge. Both need to be incorporated into your art journal page. 

Here is January's Main Challenge:

As you can see, the word inspiration for January is REFLECT and the Creative Challenge is DOODLING.

I am new to doodling, so I looked for inspiration on the internet.  Here is my finished art journal spread:

  

Every time we move into a new year, I always look back and REFLECT on the previous one. We’ve had some adversity this past year, but I am ready to look to the future with a hopeful heart. For my project, I DOODLED and water-colored the barn on the hill that my husband and I pass every day when we walk our dog!

Here is a different view:

I hope that you get a chance to check out the More Than Words Main Challenge this month.  I know you will enjoy it as much as I did. I am really getting out of my comfort zone making these art journal pages.  Doodling is something new to me!!

I am also linking my project up to Art Journal Journey, Monthly.


 This month's theme is hosted by Erika at BioArtGal and is entitled Lets Face It.  

Erika said the following:  "This month you should use a face on your journal page. It could be a human face, an animal face, or a face on something that doesn't usually have one like smiling flowers or a mustached mushroom. It might not even be a living thing that has a face. Or perhaps instead of an actual face you have another interpretation of this topic. You can stamp a face, draw a face, use a digital face or cut out a face from something printed. You could also paint a face or stencil a face. And if you're going for a symbolic interpretation of the challenge phrase, then just tell us how it relates to faces."

I went for the symbolic interpretation here.  I can see my husband's and my faces looking towards the hill and barn each day as we take our walk.  (I hope this interpretation is OK for the theme!!!)  Thanks so much, Erika and AJJ Monthy!!!

And thank you for stopping by my blog today.  HUGS!  Have a wonderful and healthy 2022, everyone!!

5 comments:

  1. I love your doodled landscape Sharon. What a fun page. Happy new year too. I hope yours is also healthy and full of creativity. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, and excellent use of the word reflect, and the doodling is wonderful. What a great layout! Happy New Year, I hope you continue your blog, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And thanks for linking up to AJJ Sharon. Nice interpretation of the theme. It is certainly OK! Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great interpretation of Erika's AJJ theme and what a wonderful sketch/doodle! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon you did an amazing job with your doodles, I would not have known you were new to this what a fabulous way to reflect on something you and hubby see on your walks together. I especially love all those quirky trees. Thanks very much for directing me to a new challenge & i'm so sorry i'm late to visit, i've had issues with my internet all day. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!