Friday, March 12, 2021

Carpe Diem . . . for More Than Words!

Hi everyone!  It's the 12th of the month and time for March's More Than Words Main Challenge second design team reveal.  (That includes me!  The first design team reveal is posted on the 1st of the month) 

For those of you who don't know, More Than Words is a challenge site that has a Main Challenge and a Mini Challenge every month.

The Main Challenge runs the entire month and contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge. Both need to be incorporated into your project.  The Main Challenge is open to projects like layouts, canvases, art journal pages or OTPs.  

The Mini Challenge always runs the last 2 weeks of each month and contains one word inspiration and must appear on your project.  The Mini Challenge is open to cards, tags, postcards, and ATCs only.

This month's Main Challenge:

As you can see, the Word Inspiration for March is Carpe Diem and the Creative Challenge is Markmaking!

Here is my page:


Our youngest daughter, Anne, has shown us from day one that she is able to overcome many obstacles to obtain her dreams. I took this photo during the fall of her high school senior year, & to me, it definitely illustrates how she loves to seize the day, aka CARPE DIEM! For the creative challenge, MARKMAKING, I marked my border with hand-drawn squares to draw your eye in to the photo. And to accentuate it more, I drew scallops around Anne's photo.

Here are some close-ups:




And don't forget . . . there are amazing prizes to be won at More Than Words! Just to review, this year, MTW has changed to a "Regional Prize Structure," whereby there will be multiple Main Challenge Winners, one or more for each Region as follows: "Aussies and New Zealanders," "Europe," "USA," and "The Rest of the World."

I hope that you get a chance to check out the More Than Words Main Challenge I know you will enjoy it!

And thanks so much for stopping by my blog today.  HUGS!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is beautiful.. love the fresh colors and the scallops around the photo look great..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the colors and how fresh and springlike it feels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy seeing your layouts as it is different from other art I visit. This is another lovely piece with great use of colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't tell you how much I love this. I love the way your eye is drawn to the photo. And what a photo! Anne is amazing, as is this layout. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!