Sunday, January 26, 2020

2 New Scrapbook Pages Dedicated to my Sister, Cathy . . . for Scrap FX!

Hi everyone!  I cannot believe that we are almost at the end of January, 2020.

Today I am sharing some sad news . . . I made the difficult decision to resign from the Scrap FX Design Team after serving for one year.  This was hard for me because I loved working with the design team and Scrap FX products, but there are so many things going on in my life right now, giving me little or no time to scrapbook.  I felt like I was not giving the team my all. 

Today I am sharing 2 new mixed media scrapbook pages with you.  I am dedicating my last pages to my beautiful sister, Cathy who passed away in 2003 after a long battle with ovarian cancer at the age of 52.  She has been in my thoughts so much lately, I just had to document scrap of her photos . . .

For my first page, I found a photo of Cathy with my mom taken on Christmas morning in 1955. I love the smiles on their faces and their stylish outfits, too!

Here's my completed page:

I used Scrap FX chipboard pieces, transparencies, and stamps.  For more details, I would love it it you checked out my blog post at Scrap FX here!  I also used Blue Fern Studios patterned paper.

And here are some close-ups:




For my second page, I scrapped this photo of Cathy and me taken on Mother's Day in 1991.  She always had such a beautiful home and garden. And I love our happy faces!

And here is my completed page:

Again, I used so many beautiful Scrap FX products here.  Please check out my blog post at Scrap FX for more details.  My background patterned paper is made by Blue Fern Studios.  

Here are some close-ups:




I want to thank Jill Wheeler from the bottom of my heart for giving me the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful team.  And I also want to thank YOU for all of your love and support throughout the year.  


I will remain on the Scrap the Boys design team and continue to run Challenge YOUrself!
Thank you all so much!  Happy Scrapping.  

5 comments:

  1. Oh I am sure your decision was not made lightly, your layouts for ScrapFX have been amazing, and these two layouts are stunning, just love the design and all the details and of course a little piece of your heart is on each page.. You have used the products beautifully and I am sure you will be missed.. It is sad to remember your dear Sister, OC is a terriable thing.. my life has been touched by it with my mum who had it, and thankfully survived.. I love all the hearts on your first layout, and the pink rose on the second grabbed my eye, it is so sweet.. and yes, how come January has gone so fast.. please slow down!!! take care...love lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that wasn't a light decision! But what is best for you, is always the right decision!! I love love love these! LOVING the colors and those photos!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pages to capture your relationship with your sister and the love you so obviously shared. That must have been a very hard time for you ... I love her smart little dress on that bike! Hoping that relinquishing one commitment will free up some time and space for you and will be nourishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear that you are resigning from Scrap FX, you did such beautiful work. Your final two pages are wonderful, and what a wonderful way to retire. I love both layouts, they are so beautiful, filled with happiness (and sadness too). I am so glad you are continuing to scrap and post, I can't wait to see what the next month brings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pages about your beautiful sister. I'm sorry to hear that you are not finding enough time to scrapbook. I hope the things occupying your time are positive and that you keep scrapping as you're able.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!