Tuesday, October 8, 2024

Blessed . . . for Challenge YOUrself and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone.  It's October and time for a new challenge at Challenge YOUrself:

Challenge YOUrself #130 opened on Octoberber 7th and closes on November 4th:



This month's challenge is to create a project using circles.  They can be cut out circles, drawn on circles, die cut circles, stamped circles, brads, enamel dots, etc.  And as always, include at least one photo of YOU!

Here is the mixed media scrapbook page that I made for this challenge:

I always try to create my projects based on a photo or group of photos that mean something to me.  I have always loved this photo taken during a pre-school field trip (to the pumpkin patch) in 2008. My mom was able to go with us, which made the day even more special!   For the challenge, I made a number of different die cut circles using coordinating colors to go with the background paper, which is from the 49 and Market "Rusty Autumn" collection.  It was simple and easy to make.

I hope you get a chance to check out  Challenge YOUrself this month!  We would love to see YOUR circle inspired projects.




I am also linking my page up to Art Journal Journey's October challenge:


This month is hosted by Alison from Craftytrog.  Her theme for October is “Autumn Colors and Inspiration.”   She says:  "We're well into Autumn here in England and have beautiful red and gold leaves falling from our trees.  Toadstools are popping up everywhere and the ground is littered with acorns, conkers, and chestnuts.  I'm asking you to use Autumn inspiration and colours in your pages.  I look forward to seeing what you make."

As you can see, my page is all about Autumn.  It is my favorite time of the year!

I hope you get a chance to head over to Art Journal Journey Monthly and to see all of the amazing entries this month.  I am always in awe of the talented artists that participate in these challenges!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  Happy October!


2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely photo, and you created a beautiful page Sharon.
    Thanks for joining in with my challenge at AJJ. So glad you like my Autumn theme.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absoluty beautiful LO, love colors 💐☺️ happy happy day

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!