Thursday, December 1, 2022

She Sparkles . . . for More Than Words and Art Journal Journey!

Hi everyone! It's December 1st  and time for a new challenge . . .

December's Main Challenge at More Than Words opened today!

More Than Words is a monthly art journal challenge site that contains a word inspiration and a creative challenge.

Here is December's Main Challenge:


The word inspiration for this month is SPARKLE and the creative challenge is using  GESSO

Here is my finished art journal page:

When making my mixed media art journal page, I used GESSO (white and black) to liven up my background a bit. I wanted Deb Weiers' wonky bird (from ArtStacks) to SPARKLE, so I added black Stickles to her spots! She is also holding some shimmering balloons for fun!

The image of the bird from one of the ArtStacks Artist Series releases from Deb Weiers!  It's from her "Wonky Critters" pack, that is filled with wonderful awesomeness!!!

I hope that you get a chance to check out the Main Challenge at More Than Words his month, as well as Deb Weiers' releases at ArtStacks! 

I am also linking my page to the wonderful December Art Journal Journey Monthly challenge: 
 
This month is hosted by Jo from Let's Art Journal!  Her theme this month is "Snowy Winter."
 
My background is a page from Reminisce's Winter collection and it's definitely snowing here!  Thanks so much, Art Journal Journey and Jo, for the inspiration this month.

And thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Have a wonderful December and an amazing holiday season! 

9 comments:

  1. How fun is this page Sharon. I love that silly bird. And I'm glad there is snow so you could join us for Jo's challenge at AJJ. Thank you for linking up. Happy December to you, and I hope you also have a wonderful holiday season. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quirky bird really steals the show, Sharon. I adore this on and it is so cute and clever. Your background is definitely snowy. It certainly fits nicely with Jo's theme at Art Journal Journey. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absoluty gorgeous page🤩🤩🤩
    Hugs and blessing 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! And now I recognize Deb Weiers before you ever mentioned her, thanks to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love your page, especially the wonky bird. Have a lovely Christmas, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is fabulous! love the bird and love the starry sky!! Happy December! EEKK!! where did the year go???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sharon. What a wonderful page you created! I love the snowflakes on that dark background and that fabulous quirky bird is perfect 😊. Thanks so much for joining in our Snowy Winter challenge at Art Journal Journey, it's a pleasure to see you there! Happy December! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant page! I love Deb Weiers art and I love your snowy background. Great additions- a perfect page for Jo's AJJ theme. Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!