Monday, November 14, 2022

Love It . . . for ArtStacks and Art Journal Journey Monthly!

 Hi everyone!  Today I'd like to share my new mixed media art journal page that I made for ArtStacks


I used ArtStacks' new releases:  Deb Weiers' Wonky Critters and Wonky Bits Artist Series packs as the focal point of my page.  I can't tell you how much I love working with these packs.   I couldn't wait to start creating as soon as I received them!



Here is my art journal page:  



I made my page featuring Deb Weiers' wonky pony from the Wonky Critters pack!  I also used lyrics from one of my favorite songs by Joni Mitchell - "Circle Game."  And the background paper is Vicki Boutin's!   You can check out the new releases in more detail here.

 
And I had Art Journal Journey Monthly in mind when I made my page.  
This month
is hosted by Bleubeard and Elizabeth and there are 2 themes to pick from - collage fodder and/or food & drink.  I picked collage fodder.   
 
My background is from Vicki Boutin's Color Study collection.  My pieces included torn black and white striped paper, images from the Wonky Critters and Wonky Bits packs, and song lyrics that were printed on white paper and cut into strips.  I collaged them together and stitched some into place.

Thanks so much, Art Journal Journey for the inspiration this month.

And thank you for stopping by my blog today.  Have a wonderful November!

8 comments:

  1. I said this on FB but I thought I'd comment here too, love this one, really like the striking colour scheme and the Joni Mitchell lyrics. Elle/Empire of the Cat xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing page! Loving the pink and red with the abstract pieces and the wonky pony is so beautiful - perfect 😊. It looks like you had fun creating this page, such fabulous inspiration too! I hope you are keeping well too and sending you happy wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed your post-awesome page too I love it. Happy T wishes hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful collage fodder. Fun colorful imagers and well collaged. I enjoy this🤩

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a fun collage Sharon. Those art stacks are very playful, and you used them so well. As your page says, I "Love It". I hope all is well with you as time goes flying to Thanksgiving. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really stunning. You have such a great eye for both collage and composition. I would not have known this collage fodder came from those art stacks if you hadn't showed us. This is an amazing entry using Bleubeard's and my theme at Art Journal Journey. Thank you for this fun and quirky entry, dear.

    I've been trying to leave a comment since yesterday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love your page Sharon. Those wonky bits images are wonderful.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent page, I love the quote by Joni Mitchell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!