Sunday, October 7, 2018

Hold on to the Memories!

Hi everyone!  I hope you are all having a wonderful October so far.

Today I would like to share a layout that I made for the newest Challenge YOUrself challenge!  In case you don't know . . . Challenge YOUrself is all about challenging you to create scrapbook pages with YOU on your page.  They want you to get out from behind the camera and scrap some photos with YOU in them!!!  Sounds like fun, right?

This month's challenge is all about creating a page with your own background:


And here is  my take:

I used texture paste, a snowflake stencil, mists and paint splatters to make my background.  I had so much fun doing it, too!

For my photos, I used some that were taken with my cell phone on a trip to NYC this past summer.  My family saw the Broadway play 'Frozen" and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I used these photos:




and converted them to black and white:

leaving some of the blue from the "Frozen" sign in the photo for more interest.


Here are some close ups of my page:






I hope you get a chance to check out this month's Challenge YOUrself challenge.  
The prize this month is a fabulous one:

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  Have a great October!!!

8 comments:

  1. This is one of my fave layouts with that great background. How wonderful to see 'Frozen' in NY, a dream! Love the colour change in the photos. Have a great Sunday, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...great effect and a beautiful layout, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this page Sharon! The b&w photos are perfect for this layout! And I really like how you have used the lines. Pure love! Hugs Åsa

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous challenge, and I love your back ground details, and what a great memory to scrap too.. love the photo in black and white!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! LOVING the photos and the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! The background is perfect for Frozen. And the B/W totally changes the photo from summer to winter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Sharon! You never cease to amaze with your layouts! Happy October!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this layout is absolutely fantastic. I love the background, the colors, the embellishments, and esp the photos. What a wonderful way to remember that day in New York City!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!