Thursday, May 11, 2017

A Mother's Love!

Good Morning fellow scrappers!  I hope this day finds you full of creativity!

Today I would like to share a layout that I made for the May challenge at More than Words:


Word Inspiration - MOTHER
Creative Challenge - FLOWERS

This challenge asks you to incorporate both the word inspiration (Mother) 
and the creative challenge (Flowers) in your pages.

I have been inspired by my mother my whole life, and as a mother, I hope to inspire my daughters as well.  I found a wonderful photo of my mother, my sister, and me from 1958. I was almost 2 at the time and my sister was 8.  This picture is one of my favorites of all time!  I love the way my mother is looking at me and holding my hand.  And I love how Cathy is looking on at us. The interesting part is that this photo was taken at the Rose Garden . . . it couldn't be more perfect for this "mother-flower" challenge!!

Here is my completed layout
:
With a close-up of  my hand written journaling:


And a different view:


I really enjoyed making this layout and am so happy for the inspiration from More than Words.
Thank you!

And thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.  Have a great one!
Happy Scrapping!!

11 comments:

  1. You have a lovely style Sharon, really unique. Love the story behind the photo. what a wonderful memory to document and done so beautifully .
    Maryx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful I always love your unique style. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful layout Sharon! Precious!
    We celebrate Mother's Day this Sunday in Austria -
    so this layout is fantastic for me - just the rigth time! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you're scrapping so much! This is really pretty. Happy Mother's Day to you, a few days early. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely Sharon, the picture is perfect. What a fun Mother's Day design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh...this is sooooo sweet! I love the fun little "scene" you created.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so cute, I love the colors and the feel of whimsy! and what a precious photo too..The sun and the flowers make me feel happy.. lovely layout.. have a wonderful weekend ahead too..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love love this! LOVING that photo and the gorgeous scenery you created in the background!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cute and fabulous setting for your lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is super adorable! Absolutely love it! So happy you could play along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This absolutely adorable! Love the photo and your unique way of showcasing it! Well done! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!