Saturday, January 7, 2017

A Wonderful World!

Good Morning everyone and welcome to the weekend and 2017!  Time seems to by flying by even more quickly every year that I get older, too.  Do you agree?

Today I would like to share a layout that I made for the current challenge at Challenge YOUrself.  As most of you know, I took over running Challenge YOUrself when Lynn Lefebvre had to step down last year and it has been a lot of fun.  I hope you get a chance to check it out and participate in this month's challenge!  Lynn is a guest designer for us this month.

January's challenge is all about Louis Armstrong's song:  "A Wonderful World."

I chose to use a photo that I took of our family during a photo shoot for our Christmas card this year.  I will share some of the "out-takes" with you at the bottom of my post today.  Here is my layout:


With some close-ups:




The beautiful background paper was given to me as part of a kit/Christmas gift, by my sister, Patty.  Thanks, Patty!!!  If you're interested, it is made by Reminisce:

My dear friend, Valerie, encouraged me to join the Art Journal Journey challenge this month, too.  


The challenge is "Tell Me Your Story . . ."  Thank you, Valerie and Art Journal Journey!!!
I encourage YOU to check out their monthly challenges!

Here are some of the photos that I took.  I used a tripod and timer, and took the photos in our backyard. Not everyone was in a good mood, so it was hard to get smiles.  And Kita did not want to cooperate at all! LOL!!!





 . . . and here's the one we finally used for our Christmas card - Kita still wasn't looking at the camera, but at least you can see her face!

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I love your visits and comments!!  Hope you all have a wonderful 2017, filled with happiness and health.  HUGS!

18 comments:

  1. What a wonderful LO! You have style. Our new theme at AJJ is 'Tell me a story', so this would fit! Happy New Year, hugs Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! and yes this month is off and racing with one week already gone by!! Your layout is amazing, I love the design and love the sequin ribbon you have swirled along your page.. and your photos are lovely, my goodness I love that your fur baby is in the photos too.. have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos....keepin' it real showing us the 'out takes'!!! Love your page. that paper is divine & I really like how it's got that pop of red...especially with the stitched heart. Fabulous:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for accepting my invite and joining us at AJJ! Hug, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Christmas card Sharon! You and your family look so lovely! Wonderful!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is GORGEOUS! I loveeeeeeeeeeee that background and how you did the title!! And LOVING the family photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your page Sharon! What a warm and wonderful story it tells. Your family is beautiful, and Kita is probably a typical dog. Mine hardly ever cooperate too. I'm glad you joined us and hope you'll be back again. :) Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice family photo dear Sharon and I love how you decorated it on this wonderful background paper. Very good designed.
    Have a happy, healthy and creative New Year 2017.
    Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - that page is stunning! I like your family photo. I thought it was taken at the beach! I'm not sure why, but to me it looks like you can step through the large grasses and be right on the sand.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet family photos and the layout is gorgeous!!!! Thanks for stopping by and leave me such sweet and encouraging comment! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Its been far too long since I visited, and I'm so glad you entered the AJJ challenge, or I might have missed this. I'm always in awe of your scrapbook pages, because they are truly the most beautiful I have ever seen.

    Loved the family photo with Kita, too. My two cats won't sit still for anything, much less a family photo. This was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done Sharon! And I love those jeans! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello sweet lady! ;-) Hoping you had a blessed and joyous Christmas and wishing you a fabulous 2017 too! ;-)
    Beautiful page and loving that wintery feel! Gorgeous Christmas photo's too and love those reeds in the background!
    Surely did not look like a very cold day at all! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Firstly HNY,sorry I have been MIA,
    A gorgeous LO Sharon,you know what they say about working with babies and animals!.
    Great family photos,blessing for 2017

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful layout. I love the background paper, the message, and esp the photo. I also love the rest of the photos, a family to be proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beaautiful layout. Love your design and use of white space and little touch of red .Your family photo's are lovely .
    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh and I can't believe it has been so long since I visited your lovely blog. I think because the blogs I follow don't come up anymore on Blogger :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!