Friday, July 25, 2014

Evoke!


Good Morning everyone!  TGIF!!!  I am so happy that it is finally Friday.  I wanted to share some photos that I took of Anne in our back yard the other day.  Here they are:





And my favorite which shows off her amazing smile:


I also want to share with you a layout that I made using the photos that I took at Steel Stacks a couple of weeks ago.  I was looking for inspiration to make my layout and found it at the One Little Word blog!


This month's word is "Evoke."  What a great word!  I used it to make the following layout in memory of my dad:


He worked at Bethlehem Steel for many years and seeing the Steel Stacks in all of their glory brought back so many memories of him.  I took Katie and Anne along because I want them to know as much about their grandfather as possible! I placed the lyrics of "My Father's Eyes," one of my favorite songs by Eric Clapton, on the back of my layout in memory of my dad.


Sailing down behind the sun, 
Waiting for my prince to come. 
Praying for the healing rain 
To restore my soul again. 
Just a toe rag on the run. 
How did I get here? 
What have I done? 
When will all my hopes arise? 
How will I know him? 
When I look in my father's eyes. 
Then the light begins to shine 
And I hear those ancient lullabies. 
And as I watch this seedling grow, 
Feel my heart start to overflow. 
Where do I find the words to say? 
How do I teach him? 
What do we play? 
Bit by bit, I've realized 
That's when I need them, 
That's when I need my father's eyes. 
My father's eyes. 
Then the jagged edge appears 
Through the distant clouds of tears. 
I'm like a bridge that was washed away; 
My foundations were made of clay. 
As my soul slides down to die. 
How could I lose him? 
What did I try? 
Bit by bit, I've realized 
That he was here with me; 
I looked into my father's eyes. 
My father's eyes. 


Here are some different views of my layout:

Katie:

And Anne:


Thank you, One Little Word!  This month's word evoked so many memories for me!
I encourage you to check it out, too!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today!  Have a great weekend!

25 comments:

  1. Stunning photo's Sharon! Love the layout too with the different size photo's and the great title! Happy Weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos of Anne! And, your layout of the stacks is great. What a wonderful tribute that poem is, Sharon! This was a fantastic post. Have a great weekend, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photo's of Anne and your page is wonderful! A lovely tribute and the lyrics are perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous photos and super project. Thanks for joining us at one little word.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CLEVER use of the girls' photos on the Stack LO......I really liked that word, too....had a 'go' at it:) And I'm with you, that's my fave shot of your girl, too....you get such great light with your camera shots.....just wondering, did you take these in B & W mode, or convert? My converted B&W shots always look like something dodgy from a badly made spaghetti western. The colour is appalling!!! Any hints gratefully accepted. And it's THANK GOODNESS it's Saturday here, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! it is already saturday here! a sunny day despite it being winter! What a great photo to use and love your little photos in the little spheres too.. and you have used that word so well.. I would have to sit and think about it for a while.. enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always nice to get home on a Friday afternoon :) Love your photo's and the layout , so powerful and fabulous how you added your girls to the layout as well. Perfect word for your layout as well, love it Sharon

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, everything in this post, from your photos to the layout, is breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos,your Annie is growing into a beautiful young lady.
    Your LO is so nostalgic,fantstic work Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous photos and loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee that lo!!! Such gorgeous colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous page and love that amazing photo! The word "evoke" itself...is just a great sounding word and one's ears just pricks up at the sound! But yes, there are certain sights, sounds and smells that evoke memories of loved one's or times gone by...
    Love that you have those 2 photo's of your daughters in this page too....3 generations of love! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The photos of the girls peeking through the clips... Such a cool design choice!!! This is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page Sharon - you are always so innovative, take really great shot too! And your girl is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gogeous layout in memory of his father Sharon! Really an inspiring word.
    Also loved that you managed to capture this beautiful girl :)

    Hugs.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just great Sharon. . . and Annie is certainly getting taller!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The girl looks so happy! And I love the graphic feel of your layout. Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you take such fabulous photos Sharon! Love your lo too - not your standard scapping pic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos are just getting better and better. I LOVE your layout...I LOVE that you used such a large photo and that all the focus is on the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful layout and this will be something for your girls to treasure and for you to hold onto memories of your Dad. Love the lyrics to the song too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Sharon!! So happy to see your post, it's beautiful and hearfelt!! I love that song too. Thank you for your visit, my computer broke down and my dad had a heart attack a week ago and needed surgery. He had it and is doing well now. I'm so glad your mom is doing good, YAY and hope my dad will feel this way soon too.
    I just did a new post if you'd like to read it and left a comment in the comments of that post you read earlier.
    I'm using the library computer right now which I don't like but was the only way I can communicate right now. Hoping we can get the computer fixed soon.
    Take care and will visit when I can, enjoy this last beautiful month before school.
    Sending hugs and more prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such lovely posts here, thanks for your kind comments!
    Hugs
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome photos and I love love your layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What font did you use to make the "evoke" die cut? It's beautiful. I love the contrast in your black and white photo. It just pops. I think the song lyrics that you used as the journaling are so touching.

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful photos, gorgeous layout. your song lyrics are just perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!