Challenge YOUrself #1: Behind The Lens
Create a layout using a self portrait or selfie AND list a minimum of 3 random facts about YOUrself.
I loved this idea and had a "self portrait" that I took during my photography class. I set my timer on my camera, placed it on our deck railing, and then took the photo. It took some practice, but I got this shot:
Here is my completed layout:
I used a fall theme because fall is my favorite time of the year. The inspiration for my layout came from one of my favorite books, PageMaps! I used the sketch and layout from page 69! Thank you Becky Fleck!!
Here are the 10 random facts about me that I included on my page:
- Fall is my favorite time of the year, but I hate raking leaves.
- I love French Onion Soup, but hate raw onions.
- I love books, but hardly ever have the time to read.
- One of my favorite things is scrapbooking, but I don't like making cards.
- I love being a nurse, but hate some of the aspects about nursing.
- I love to fly in an airplane, but I am afraid of heights.
- Everyone in my family loves football but me!
- I love my dog, but hate all of the dog hair around the house.
- I love to be home, but sometimes get bored.
- I absolutely LOVE everything about being a mom!
Some close ups to share:
You have a full month to make your layout and get it linked to the site. I know that this is a busy time of the year, but the deadline is not until January 5th, 2014! And you could win a $20.00 gift certificate to the Paper Issues Store, too. I know it sounds hard, and most of us do not like to be in front of the camera, but you should give it a try. Please check out the Challenge YOUrself blog. I think you might love the experience as much as I did.
And as always, thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I hope that you all are enjoying your December. We have gotten most of our Christmas decorating done, and it is time to put up the tree today! My sister and her husband are coming over to help and we are so excited!! Also, the rain is supposed to stop and it will get colder today, too. Maybe we will see some snow . . .