Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Scrapping the Music Challenge #193: "What I Am"

This week's Scrapping the Music song is SO MUCH FUN!!!!  It is Will.i.am singing "What I am!"

I really miss those Sesame Street watching days.  We especially LOVED Big Bird, because he starred in a video entitled Big Bird in China!

Here is the video of Will.I.Am singing "What I Am"
- I am sure you will agree that it is a great song to scrap with!



I had such a hard time choosing just one lyric!  But eventually I decided on "I am Musical," because Anne recently played in her FIRST piano recital; and I got to play a duet with her! It was fantastic to get to play the piano again, with Anne!  
An extraordinary experience!!

Here is my page:


Katie took the pictures at the recital!!!  She and John came along and see both of us perform!

Woohoo!!

So now back to Scrapping the Music:

We are looking into changing some things in order to get more participation.  We will probably be moving to a bi-weekly challenge in order to give you some more time to participate in the challenges.  We are going to be offering some great prizes, too. 

And now I am asking you to please give me your feedback: - - what would encourage you to participate more in the Scrapping the Music challenges?  More time?  Different kinds of songs?  More prizes? 
What would inspire YOU to come visit us more often? 
Please give me your feedback in the comment section here. 
Thanks so much!

17 comments:

  1. I miss getting a chance to play along with my old team mates... but I think moving it back to bi-weekly is a good idea... one week is just not enough time for some peeps!! I loveeeeeeee this weeks song and hoping to play along!!! I love love love love your lo!!! I loveeeeee the photos, the colors and LOVING how you did the title along the piano keys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. heheh too cute. Love big bird.. Love your take on this.. Those falling hearts are perfect. wtg girl. love your lo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I miss my piano playing days! I think that is very cool that you were able to play a duet with your daughter! How neat! Really funny, Sesame Street just came on, I mean, 30 seconds before opening up your blog post! It made me giggle to see your post happened to include something about it! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, is that cool. The piano keys and arrangement of the alpha. But most of all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful recital page! Our youngest plays and I always enjoy her recitals! When our DS was married in Dec. she was their pianist and played 30 min before the ceremony, along with the processional and recessional. It's amazing what 9 years of practice and lessons can achieve. I hope your daughter will enjoy it over the years as much as ours has. So neat that you can play with her too. I played clarinet and never learned piano. ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is special in so many ways. To be able to play music is wonderful...I loved playing in the band in HS. But to play together with your daughter is just priceless. Beautiful, Sharon...love your take on this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello........I love your blog, it's so gorgeous!!! Any ways I love your page, your so creative!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! Well I am always is a hurry to get my LO ready, I don't know why that happens to me every time, but a two week challenge would give me more time to get more out of my scrapbook work and to play along.
    And I would love to get a Dolly Parton challenge!!!
    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful page. How awesomely fun for you and your daughter to play together! As a musician myself, I have always admired pianists. My daughters and I sing, play flute, and my oldest plays guitar...but none of us play the piano! :D It truly is a gift to get to create music with your children.
    To be able to scrapbook it in such a beautiful way, just like you did.....is another gift! Hugs to you, sweet Sharon. And many, many, thanks for your love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sharon!! Thank you for swinging by and joining my blog:D ! I've got you added...this page is so so adorable! I love that musical score punch(?) ! and the fun flow of hearts and stars! Have a wonderful weekend you.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, i just love your LO sharon! it is sooo darn cute and i just may have to scraplift it - especially that fab title! and thank you so very much for the kind words on my blog and for becoming a follower. so sweet of you. and, i just think you are super talented & am following you now too...lol! hugs sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a fabulous layout Sharon, and guess what I miss those days of Sesame Street too! I loved their Christmas Album and of course Arthur's as well! Oh those days went by to fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sharon, I love your page! How fun for you to get to do a duet with daughter Anne!! Your page is so fun and I love the pictures and those piano keys with your title spilling down!! Love it:)
    I'm new to the challenge blog I actually found you through Julie Tucker Wolek one of your followers and was inspired by her page to come and check out the challenge blog!! I'm so glad I did! I have been looking for a new challenge blog and I'm so looking forward to the next challenge!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely page and photo's! moments like this are so precious, aren't they! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!