Sunday, February 19, 2012

You leave me in stitches

Here is my latest page - I used a photo that my friend Barbarann took of Lisa and I after I had "mastered" her sewing serger!  LOL!!!  If you want to read more about upcycled t-shirt dresses and how we made them click here.

My layout displays one of my favorite photos of  Lisa and I because we were having such fun that day.  Here is is:


I have been trying to use up my old stash and not buy new items in an attempt to save money since our oldest daughter, Katie, is off to college this summer/fall.  I still can't believe that I said that.  Did I REALLY???  Time has flown by so quickly and it seems like just yesterday we were holding our newborn girl in our arms.


Anyway . . . I seem to get sidetracked easily these days . . .

Here is the finished product . . . Anne modeling her upcycled t-shirt dress that I made with the help of Lisa and BA:


Back to my layout:  I used an amazing sketch made my Heather Landry that I found at scrapbook.com as the basis for my page.  I thought the hexagons were so cool!  Here's her sketch:
You can check it out at Heather's blog or at scrapbook.com!

In addition, the envelopes that I used are from a
"Little Yellow Bicycle" kit that I won at Izzy B's blog.  The kit is brand new and so is the line - it's called "Paradise."  Go take a peak at Izzy's blog  too - it's so much fun.

Thanks to everyone who inspired me for my latest layout - Heather, Izzy, and of course, Lisa and BA!
I love you all!

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE what you made with Heather's sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also LOVE the hexagons! (As a math teacher, I feel it is important that I share that hexagons are indeed the coolest geometric form. And now back to our regularly scheduled comment...)

    You did a great job with Heather's sketch- the wavy side border ties it all together, and I love your cute little embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL lo!! I loveeeeeee the colors and the way you did the background!! And her Tshirt dress is ADORABLE!!! So happy to hear your Mom is doing better!! That is WONDERFUL news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture of you and Katie! You're smiling even bigger these days! Have a great week Sharon. Bob and I have the week off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Love your fabulous layout...the mix of elements is just totally awesome! ;) That T-shirt dress looks amazing Sharon! :)

    So glad your mom is recovering well....yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did an absolutely fantastic job on the skirt AND the sketch! I love your color choices and the pink flower on your page. Anne looks so happy with her skirt too.

    Thanks so much for linking to my blog too. I so appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page, cute details! I have to laugh...I KNOW just how you feel. My daughter started college in September (she is one yr ahead of your 'baby') and I am stunned when I think that she only has a cpl more months and the school yr will be over and she will be a sophomore! Eeek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing LO. Love the hex design and story. The dress you created is fab too. I tell people to treasure every moment with their children because they do grow up way too fast. Our son just got married in December. Unbelievable!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!