Saturday, October 3, 2026

A Wonderful World . . . for Art Journal Journey Monthly!

Hi everyone!

Autumn in eastern Pennsylvania has been quite the rollercoaster so far.  We kicked things off with rain, followed by a devastating Nor’easter. Thankfully, our town escaped the worst of it. Temperatures have been all over the place, hitting the 80s yesterday! I’m keeping my fingers crossed for cooler weather today. Plus, with all the rain we’ve had lately, I think we’re almost out of the severe drought. That’s definitely a relief.

Today I am sharing a project that I made for Mia's challenge this month at Art Journal Journey.

  


Mia from Craftartista is hosting October, and her theme is “Beautiful World.”

But before I show you my project, I wanted to share a little about Art Journal Journey Monthly:

"Each month, there is a new challenge theme for you to take part in. Our participants are art-journalers, altered book artists, rubber stamp addicts, and mixed media artists from all over the world. You are invited to take part by linking via the Link tool on their site.  

Artwork created in an art journal, altered book, on canvas, or loose pages, as well as digital and fabric art of any size, is now acceptable."


Here is my project, a mixed-media art journal scrapbook page:

I really enjoyed putting this page together! I started by giving a 12 x 12 sheet of Mintay cardstock some playful splatters and drips with spray inks. Then, I added pink burlap to both sides of the cardstock. I matted the photo that my friend snapped of me during our recent trip to the Finger Lakes on a torn piece of white, corrugated paper. Next, I fussy-cut and added some embellishments from the Mintay “Cottage Hearts” collection. Finally, I adhered my title. What a fun project!

Thank you so much, Mia, for hosting this month and coming up with such a fabulous theme.

Now it’s your turn! I hope you get a chance to check out Art Journal Journey this month! I know you’re going to love seeing all the beautiful entries from talented artists all over the world.

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today.

Wishing you a wonderful October! ❤


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!