Monday, September 7, 2020

Thankful . . . for Challenge YOUrself!

 Hi everyone!

Today I am sharing a scrapbook page that I made for the newest theme at Challenge YOUrself

For those of you who don't already know, Challenge YOUrself is a monthly scrapbooking blog that challenges you to create pages with photos that have YOU in the frame.  Most of us are so busy being behind the camera, that we forget to take and scrap photos with us in them.  Now's your chance!

This month's theme is . . . thankful!


When thinking about the theme, I decided to make a page about memories, especially of my mom.  She has dementia which has been progressively getting worse over the past few years.  I am so very thankful for all of the wonderful memories we have with her when her mind was healthy.  

The photo was taken on Thanksgiving day in 2007: 


I love this photo because my whole family was there that Thanksgiving.  And my daughters and nephews . . . Katie, Anne, Owen, and Logan were so young, too!  (Time just keeps flying by!)

Here is my page . . .

With some close-ups:



I am also thankful for all of my followers . . . you!  I can't thank you enough for stopping by my blog today.  Have a wonderful September.  Hugs to one and all!  Stay safe and healthy.

6 comments:

  1. Oh this layout is beautiful... I love the design and all the blooms and precious memory in the photo too . I am sad to hear about your Mum.. every day is precious with our parents as they get older.. my parents are ageing too.. My dad was 88 last week.. I hope september brings you happy memories too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooooooooooo beautiful! I love the photo, the colors, the design and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful page and memories.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful page. I hope you're allowed to visit safely soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your page with its diagonal paper - almost like the house was on a hill. So sorry you've not been able to visit your Mum; that must be really hard for you all. My Dad developed dementia and I don't know know how he would have coped without familiar faces around him. Hoping you are all reunited soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you how much I love this layout! I love the autumn theme and the flowers and the wonderful photo. And the theme of beautiful memories is the best. Thank-you for posting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!