Thursday, March 22, 2018

A New Page for Spring!

Good Morning fellow scrappers!

With all of the snow we have had lately, especially this month, I decided that I wanted to celebrate Spring by making a scrapbook page.  Today I am sharing a new layout that I just made.

To get some inspiration, I went searching for a new challenge and found an awesome one at
Kraft+ Plus.  This month, Kraft+ Plus wants us to do some fussy cutting and also be inspired by the following sketch:



I love the idea of fussy cutting and haven't done it in awhile.  Also truly love this sketch.  So here is the page I came up with:


I did a lot of fussy cutting here . . .  I fussy cut the yellow stripes, the clouds, the green grass, the Easter basket, and the yellow and white daisies.  And I had so much fun doing it.

Here are some close ups:

I fussy cut the grass and the Easter basket:



You can get a better look at my fussy cut grass here . . .


And here is a different view:



I also want to mention that I really enjoyed using the "Celebrate Easter" Echo Park paper that I had in my stash from last year:


I encourage you all to check out this month's Kraft+ Plus challenge.  All of their challenges are so creative and fun!

I am also sharing my page at Art Journal Journey!  It's not a challenge blog, but a site for sharing your art work!! Thank you, Susi, for inviting me!


Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today!  Have a great Thursday!

24 comments:

  1. I love this! Everything about it makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic layout - your girls are such beauties!
    This would fit our SPRING theme at Art Journal Journey dear Sharon! Maybe you want link to us!
    Happy start of spring, we had sun today and a bit warmer than lately - it feels fantastic!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Sharon - We always are so pleased to see your wonderful layouts linked to Art Journal Journey! This one is such an uplifting made! I simply LOVE it!

      Happy weekend !
      Susi

      Delete
    2. wow. this page is just bursting with easter goodness!

      Delete
  3. Your layouts are wonderful as always. Have a great afternoon, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely easter page with your two beautiful daughters, Sharon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm simply thrilled that Susi invited you to share this with us at Art Journal Journey. It's a fabulous spring inspired entry. I was really impressed with all your fussy cutting. I seem to do a lot of it, too, since I don't have a die cutter to help me out. I think you did a marvelous job and I adore the adorable bunnies and the photo of your two daughters, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It appears I don't know a bunny from a sheep. I thought it was two bunnies when I first saw it. What can I say. I'm a city girl (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love love love love this! LOVING that photo, the baskets and the little bunny and lamb!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this page is AMAZING! I love all the pastels, bunnies and the sweet piecture! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is gorgeous! I love the bright fun and happy feel to this, the papers and fussy cut embellishments look so lovely.. thanks for joining in with Kraft+ this month too..

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow wow Sharon-your interpretation of the sketch is amazing!! Love the theme, colors and that adorable photo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is a fun layout with special people. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fantastic layout

    Thank you for joining us at ART JOURNAL JOURNEY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely, bright & fun layout! Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable 😍😍 Thank you for joining us at Kraft Plus this month ❤

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sharon, this layout is SO sweet and joyful! I LOVE it! And fussy cutting...you are my kind of girl! I've so missed fussy cutting lately, and might have to give it a go myself :) Sending you big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Sharon, your layout is so soft and sweet ..I am in love !! Happy Easter my friend!! xoxo Heike

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous Easter/Spring page! The colours are gorgeous and your fussy cutting is brilliant - especially the fabulous grass. A happy, happy page! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love all the happy art here. Your fussy cutting is exceptional. The grass must have been quite time-consuming. I'm loving all the colourful shapes and patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful Easter memory and layout! Makes me wish for "real" spring to be here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always think of Easter in Pastel Colours for some reason, a gorgeous, happy layout

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute page and I love those soft colours! I am a huuuuuge fan of fussy cutting too...you did a great job here! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you commenting on my blog today! I cherish each and every comment!